Acronyms

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Scarey, but oh so true, and they have the right to vote.
I was delivering to a home and two young kids came down the sidewalk to get the pkg.
I handed it to the boy and he ran back to the house with it.
The girl, about the age of 4, just stood there and asked me what UPS stood for.
I said United Parcel Service.
She asked,"What's a parcel?"
I answered, in simple terms, and told her a parcel was a box.
She immediately asked me why it was not called United Box Service.
This is when I realized I was not dealing with the "run of the mill" 4yr old girl.
I explained that a box could just be an empty box, but a parcel was a box with something in it.
She looked me dead in the eye and said," That makes sense.", then turned away and walked back into the house.
Maybe there is hope for America.

Nah once she hits 12 (give or take a few years) there will be no reasoning with her for one week every month and all hope will be lost.

OptimusPrime

Scarey, but oh so true, and they have the right to vote.
I was delivering to a home and two young kids came down the sidewalk to get the pkg.
I handed it to the boy and he ran back to the house with it.
The girl, about the age of 4, just stood there and asked me what UPS stood for.
I said United Parcel Service.
She asked,"What's a parcel?"
I answered, in simple terms, and told her a parcel was a box.
She immediately asked me why it was not called United Box Service.
This is when I realized I was not dealing with the "run of the mill" 4yr old girl.
I explained that a box could just be an empty box, but a parcel was a box with something in it.
She looked me dead in the eye and said," That makes sense.", then turned away and walked back into the house.
Maybe there is hope for America.

Is that technically true anymore? After the rebranding and badging, didn't United Parcel Service cease to exist? We are only know now as "UPS".

satellitedriver

Is that technically true anymore? After the rebranding and badging, didn't United Parcel Service cease to exist? We are only know now as "UPS".
Technically, maybe.
When we went public, service was the first to suffer.-(but we make the numbers look good)-
After 97', the united went out the window.

Parcels became packages.
Now they are referred to as volume.
Our new name just should be
US.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Technically, maybe.
When we went public, service was the first to suffer.-(but we make the numbers look good)-
After 97', the united went out the window.

Parcels became packages.
Now they are referred to as volume.
Our new name just should be
US.

Actually, I would think ME might be the name you were looking for. Maybe not, but I am sure you get my point.

over9five

Staff member
From the old days:

NDA - Non Delivery Attempt, but people started thinking Next Day Air, which was 1DA.
Now it's "Missed".