ADVICE NEEDED

Siveriano

So I’m about to go to drivers school soon and recently was filling up trucks after drivers got back. I accidentally cracked a window of another truck with my rear view mirror when backing a truck up back to the dock. No one saw it but it will most likely lead back to me. Am I going to drivers school? What do I do?
Fill a DVR and turn it in. At out building trucks always have dints and windows get cracked alot, i had reported mine twice in the last year when i come in and notice it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So I’m about to go to drivers school soon and recently was filling up trucks after drivers got back. I accidentally cracked a window of another truck with my rear view mirror when backing a truck up back to the dock. No one saw it but it will most likely lead back to me. Am I going to drivers school? What do I do?
The answer should be obvious, otherwise you don't belong at UPS.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Most likely nobody will care. The driver will probably write it up the next day and if it’s a rubber set window they are easy to change and cost about 20 bucks. If it’s glue set we have a glass company come change it.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Twice now I’ve had instances of getting in a car with a broken or cracked window, called it in to the supervisor they didn’t care or ask about it. Last summer I had a rock come up and crack the windshield, they didn’t ask any questions. Hell a couple weeks ago a driver got real pissed and threw the diad on the dash and it bounced up and shattered the windshield, didn’t care about that either.

barnyard

KTM rider
I’m not even sure about cameras. I just don’t want to report something that wasn’t me and risk taking blame for it. If I knew I did it then I would have let someone know right away.

Does not matter. When you see something like that, you report it. "When I got out of the truck, I noticed this. I am not sure it was me, though."

I have reported 2 incidents that I knew I did not do, but reported them the instant I saw them. I do not know if anything happened to the person that was responsible, but I do know that nothing happened to me.

purehavanne

Look man ignore these fear mongers. Yes, you should have at least said it MIGHT have been you. At this point if they ask just say you thought it was already cracked and kept going.

ThePackageDeli

What rear view mirror?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What mirror? Someone else did it.

KoennenTiger

I can't even count the number of broken mirrors I've seen around here. One of my old friends is a shifter half his shift. He's broken so many mirrors at this point. I mean what kind of virtuous soul still cares about this stuff?

35years

Gravy route
First you said you did it.

Then you said you were pretty darn sure you did it.

Then you say "not 100% sure I even did it."

You had better figure out what you are going to say when they ask, and don't change it no matter how many times they ask. Remember when they ask they will not tell you if they have it on camera. They will try to have you contradict yourself if they are planning on a termination.

They will ask you in different ways. Perhaps at different times and by different people.

It has to match the camera footage.

Last edited: