ADVICE NEEDED

KoennenTiger

Alright all you bitter old * come on and fess up

Nobody at all cares in the slightest about a broken mirror here. At all. Period. I've shown up to work with a broken mirror three times, and I've broken one myself. Heck I once hugged a yellow pole when they moved us to a new building cause I'm on auto pilot all day long.

Nobody said crap. Heck it's just a joke around my center. It's almost always the shifter but I've had my neighbor show up clearly hung over and scrape the shoot out of my car I just got out and yelled at him to stop and then guided him.

Are some of you hippy frogs actually claiming your mngmt actually gives half a poo about a broken mirror?

Heck I have a broken mirror now? If I've only got a few nda I just drive over to the mechanics shop and ask them to swap it out. I don't even have to dvir it this way.

Last edited by a moderator:

35years

Gravy route
Well

We had one fired for unreported. No damage to truck at all. But on camera. Many others as well....

Report it, most of the time and they will say just write it up.

Don't report it, and you are on camera checking it out.. You are gone.

KoennenTiger

Well

We had one fired for unreported. No damage to truck at all. But on camera. Many others as well....

Report it, most of the time and they will say just write it up.

Don't report it, and you are on camera checking it out.. You are gone.

A few years ago I scraped half my truck into a yellow pole. I just went to work to kill another day. Center mngr asked me if I knew what I did. I sent her pictures of the side of my truck, yellow paint down the whole thing. She said lol.

But hey I did once crush my neighbors mirror. It was a hot day years ago. I didn't get out and look I just went home. I was tired. Oops my bad

35years

Gravy route
I demolished the front end on a tree years ago. Manager said just write it up. No accident charged. A week later the truck is back. They used duct tape and painted it brown.

Turns out the manager had already decided to leave UPS for a better job. Didn't want to reduce his bonus, so no accident.

Then again they charged a driver with an accident for leaving ruts in a gravel driveway. They tried to say it was an unreported accident. The ruts were in the gravel!

Report everything, let them classify it.

Last edited:

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
A minor accident like that in our yard is not a big deal. Car parkers bend bumpers which take more work and cost more than the 10 minutes it takes for the mechanic to change the window.

barnyard

KTM rider
It has been years since we have had a broken mirror in our center. I broke one and was charged with an avoidable. Another in my building quit parking cars because he broke a mirror and they would not let him sign a bid to go FT for a year.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I broke two mirrors on tree limbs at night. Couldn’t even see the limbs hanging down with the crappy headlights on the older trucks. We’re both on really rural areas on dirt roads. Was charged with avoidable accidents both times. Division manager even came down to talk to me and hear what was going on. I think I had about 20 years safe driving at the time. These mirrors breaking happened within a few months of each other. Oh well.....

Rack em

Made the Podium
I broke two mirrors on tree limbs at night. Couldn’t even see the limbs hanging down with the crappy headlights on the older trucks. We’re both on really rural areas on dirt roads. Was charged with avoidable accidents both times. Division manager even came down to talk to me and hear what was going on. I think I had about 20 years safe driving at the time. These mirrors breaking happened within a few months of each other. Oh well.....
I would have gone off on the guy and told him if he didn't want broken mirrors then we shouldn't be delivering after dark.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Trust me, nobody wants to type up a accident report about a stupid mirror Crack in the building. I usually tell my guys just go back out to the shop.