Afghanistan war

wkmac

It's actually not even a war, it's more about stabilization.
But, my fear is, that any minute soon, Pakistan might ask for help.
And, ofcourse, if that is the case, Nato won't deny thier request.

So, be prepared for more to come, yet !

It's pure nationbuilding for the purpose of controlling resource access to the Caspain basin!

Consider Cheney's words I posted in the "Peak Oil" thread just for starters! Also put aside your fear and go to Google video and type in "Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist (Documentary) and at least watch parts 2 and 3 in relation to Russia, muslim extremists in the region and oil. Once you understand the late 70's and 80's construct, it's clear what was in play in the Balkans in the 90's (oil and oil pipeline lanes from the Black Sea) and is now in play in the Middle East. Bush and Company jettison'd the Al Qaeda/bin Laden construct in 2006' per Cheney (watch above video to see him speak it in his own words) as it's useful purpose had run out. Also once we got Iraq, Afghanistan fell off the map and we were told Al Qaeda was in fact in Iraq which also proved to be an overblown lie just like the WMD myth.

Now we learn Karzai's brother is a CIA asset!

Obama I'm sad to say is controlled by the Clinton machine but if he'd bring all the troops home and then start downsizing our global footprint, I'd be the first one to cheer for him. I'm not holding my breathe because of the Clinton machine which is just as neocon as the last bunch were IMO!

av8torntn

As I said before on this thread and Mr HOH repeats in his letter, there was no plan to WIN from the start and there is NO plan coming down the pike.

:peaceful:

Look **** you could not even define win. So how can you say there is, or was, or will ever be a "plan" to win? More of your jibberish. And so it goes.....

over9five

Staff member
We are a war weary nation. I know I am war weary.

My greatest fear is that the President will send in half the troops his General requested. I would want him to send the 40,000 OR pull everyone home. Nothing half-assed, all or nothing.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
AV8,

As I said to you and the others before, "never ask a military person" how to win a war.

The answer is always the same, more bodies, more bombs.

Problem is, it doesnt work.

You asked me to define WIN in Afghanistan, I told you very clearly, there is no answer to that question. However, you continue to repeat your dumb claims over and over:

"Look **** you could not even define win. So how can you say there is, or was, or will ever be a "plan" to win?"

Listen, it doesnt take a genious to figure out "we" cant win in Afghanistan.

Mr. Mathew P. Hoh, the HIGHEST ranking senior civilian representative in Afghanistan knows ALOT more about war in Afghanistan than YOU AV8.

No one person can "define" a practical win in Afghanistan.

This is why this war will not end anytime soon.

If you read the resignation letter of Mr. Hoh, the country is destined for failure no matter how many more troops and money is dumped on the country.

The question about defining a "win" only suits those that seek to find legitimacy in going to war in the first place.

Mr. Hoh's "defined" reasons for his resignation spell it out clearly AV8.

8 wasted years in a pile of dirt and no return.

Mr. Hoh's letter contradicts everything youve ever posted on Afghanistan.

Owned.

wkmac

The Universality of War Propaganda

This also is an amazing read considering the historical perspective.

For you oh Lucifer, dogstar of the morning!

From Navy Commander Jeff Huber retired
AfPak:Illegal, Immoral, Fattening

Read my post above and the article Afghanistan a Success-Time to Come Home! another retired officer from the Pentagon itself.

Look across the web for articles by Andrew Bacevich, West Point grad and US Army officer retired with Phd in international politics and history who himself lost a son in Iraq.

Afghanistan, like Iraq is a con. It's becoming more and more clear this is about the CIA and nefarious business interests and global economics.

I leave you with the words of none other than Dick Cheney, circa 1999', as CEO of Halliburton before the Petroleum Institute of London.

For the world as a whole, oil companies are expected to keep finding and developing enough oil to offset our seventy one million plus barrel a day of oil depletion, but also to meet new demand. By some estimates there will be an average of two per cent annual growth in global oil demand over the years ahead along with conservatively a three per cent natural decline in production from existing reserves. That means by 2010 we will need on the order of an additional fifty million barrels a day. [FONT=ALHAAI+TimesNewRoman,Italic,Times New Roman][FONT=ALHAAI+TimesNewRoman,Italic,Times New Roman]So where is the oil going to come from? Governments and the national oil companies are obviously in control of about ninety per cent of the assets. [/FONT][/FONT]Oil remains fundamentally a government business. [FONT=ALHAAI+TimesNewRoman,Italic,Times New Roman][FONT=ALHAAI+TimesNewRoman,Italic,Times New Roman]While many regions of the world offer great oil opportunities[/FONT][/FONT], the Middle East with two thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies, [FONT=ALHAAI+TimesNewRoman,Italic,Times New Roman][FONT=ALHAAI+TimesNewRoman,Italic,Times New Roman]even though companies are anxious for greater access there[/FONT][/FONT], progress continues to be slow.

and here's the kicker from good ole' Dick considering the 1998' letter to Bill Clinton and the events to come.

"[FONT=ALHABK+TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic,Times New Roman][FONT=ALHABK+TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic,Times New Roman]Oil is unique in that it is so strategic in nature. We are not talking about soapflakes or leisurewear here. Energy is truly fundamental to the world's economy. The Gulf War was a reflection of that reality[/FONT][/FONT]."

It wasn't George Bush who came up with the idea to overthrow Saddam but rather Bush just resorted to the old tried and true of politics by other means!

Cheney's speech and worth the read too!

island1fox

My greatest fear is that the President will send in half the troops his General requested. I would want him to send the 40,000 OR pull everyone home. Nothing half-assed, all or nothing.

I am also weary of war but realize at times it is a necessary evil. Truman ended WW2 ---saved many lives.
People speak of "civilian deaths" ---years and years of war will produce more of this. If AL Q leadership and Bin Laden are known to be in the mountain areas of the country ---than we should use a "war ending" weapon.
Bring all of our troops home from every country-put all military expense into Missle Defense system ----One or two "war ending" bombs could actually bring many other countries to realize that peace is much better ---Iran and North Korea.
We send our young people on foot to be slaughtered --why ? War is hell --so be it --now we are about to half way support the troops and just prolong the agony ?????:dissapointed:

av8torntn

Look **** you could not even define win. So how can you say there is, or was, or will ever be a "plan" to win? More of your jibberish. And so it goes.....

since I cannot post fool I will change that to gullible small minded person that lacks the capability of independent thought

better?

av8torntn

He has a problem there. He campaigned saying that Bush did not send enough troops and was distracted by other problems. They also claimed many times that Bush did not listen to his Generals. It will look really bad to his supporters if he does the exact same thing they accused Bush of doing.

wkmac

The Pedator War

From an innocent civilian's perspective to Obama's use of the "silent death from above" I remember back to another "silent death from above" and if those innocent civilians learned the history of both leaders behind these weapons, how in their minds those leaders had no differences at all!

island1fox

:sad-little:BHO --more important to give out trick or treat candy and travel to New Jersey and Virginia to get involved in election day races that to make a decision to support the troops fully or bring them all home !!:sad-little:

wkmac

Meet Our Afghan Ally

There is a dangerous misunderstanding outside Afghanistan about what ‘corruption and mismanagement’ mean in an Afghan context and a potentially lethal underestimation of how these impact on American and British forces.........Corruption and mismanagement do not just mean that the police are on the take or that no contract is awarded without a bribe. It is much worse than that. For instance, one reason Afghan villagers prefer to deal with the Taliban rather than the government security forces is that the latter have a habit of seizing their sons at checkpoints and sodomizing them.

Afghanistan: About as Corrupt as They Come

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
AV8,

As I said to you and the others before, "never ask a military person" how to win a war.

The answer is always the same, more bodies, more bombs.

Problem is, it doesnt work.

You asked me to define WIN in Afghanistan, I told you very clearly, there is no answer to that question. However, you continue to repeat your dumb claims over and over:

"Look **** you could not even define win. So how can you say there is, or was, or will ever be a "plan" to win?"

Listen, it doesnt take a genious to figure out "we" cant win in Afghanistan.

Mr. Mathew P. Hoh, the HIGHEST ranking senior civilian representative in Afghanistan knows ALOT more about war in Afghanistan than YOU AV8.

No one person can "define" a practical win in Afghanistan.

This is why this war will not end anytime soon.

If you read the resignation letter of Mr. Hoh, the country is destined for failure no matter how many more troops and money is dumped on the country.

The question about defining a "win" only suits those that seek to find legitimacy in going to war in the first place.

Mr. Hoh's "defined" reasons for his resignation spell it out clearly AV8.

8 wasted years in a pile of dirt and no return.

Mr. Hoh's letter contradicts everything youve ever posted on Afghanistan.

Owned.

You're not here to provide us with defeatist attitudes or your miserably depressing outlook on life.

You're here to provide us with the latest fox news. Right now you're doing a miserably poor job.

av8torntn

Wow GMA discovered one the the CIA's most closely guarded secrets? They must have some top notch investigative reporters at that outfit.:happy2: