Afghanistan war

tieguy

Banned
Sleep deprivation and forced standing!!!! How horrible!

They've only given us half the story. Perhaps we can see some ABC reporters tortured in the follow up story.:peaceful:

Will we be investigating to see who in the obama administration gave ABC classified information as we did during the Bush administration?

moreluck

golden ticket member
KSM ??
KSM ??

What is he, the same as JFK or LBJ ??

What's with the 3-letter tribute. Say his name completely so we don't minimize who he is !!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I spent last week reading Barbara Tuchman's excellent book The March of Folly, an examination of the reasons why governments throughout history have pursued policies so clearly contrary to their own interests. It begins with the fall of Troy and works forward through the renaissance popes and England's loss of the American colonies. The final section focuses on our involvement in Vietnam in which the parallels to both Iraq and Afghanistan are crystal clear, not so much in the actual prosecution of the war but in the thought processes and faulty reasoning that led successive administrations, on both sides of the aisle, to wade ever deeper into what was so clearly a huge mistake. It's all the more compelling when you consider that Tuchman wrote this book back in 1985, and a reminder that some things never seem to change. This paragraph seemed particularly prescient:
The longest war had come to an end. Faintly from a distance of 200 years might have been heard Chatham’s summary of a nation’s self-betrayal: “by the arts of imposition, by its own credulity, through the means of false hope, false pride and promised advantages of the most romantic and improbable nature.”
A contemporary summing up was voiced by a Congressman from Michigan, Donald Riegle. In talking to a couple from his constituency who had lost a son in Vietnam, he faced the stark recognition that he could find no words to justify the boy’s death. “There was no way I could say that what had happened was in their interest or in the nation’s interest or in anyone’s interest.”
Obama plans to send 34,000 more troops

ups1990

President Obama, has finally made a decision to send additional troops to the region. he wants to "finish" the job. I hope we can finish the job.

My thoughts and prayers for those service members in the middle east and departing troops.

tieguy

Banned
It appears my greatest fear will come true. Obama will take the half-assed route.

Politics at its best. He'll probably claim that he went through the request with this generals and was able to whittle it down to 34,000.

Get ready for some bush bashing. I think Obama will use the "I inherited this mess" excuse his entire four years.

diesel96

Politics at its best. He'll probably claim that he went through the request with this generals and was able to whittle it down to 34,000.

Get ready for some bush bashing. I think Obama will use the "I inherited this mess" excuse his entire four years.

Ok, instead of Bush, it's all the 2006' Democrat controlled congress fault. And although they did approve funds for the surge, They've been Tie's favorite excuse for everything that went wrong for the last eight years.:whiteflag:

or

279632_sk_lg.jpg

What about brand new pink eraser Tie, so GW sympathizers can erase history.

Or maybe we can wait for his prime time address to the American people, listen to the new strategy, and then make armchair quarterback judgements. I mean really, you'all sound like disgruntled Cheney puppets :puppet: <---Cheney <whispering to his puppets>"Say dithering"... Yeah, new word of the month.

tieguy

Banned
Ok, instead of Bush, it's all the 2006' Democrat controlled congress fault. And although they did approve funds for the surge, They've been Tie's favorite excuse for everything that went wrong for the last eight years.:whiteflag:

Tsk Tsk you and your liberal friends keep blaming bush for every problem in the world. Is it dishonest of me to remind everyone that the present congress was there helping the world crash and burn. Is dishonest of me to remind everyone that Obama, pelosi, Reed and rest were there and did not ride up from the countryside in January?:peaceful:

Considering the fact that Bush is no longer here to be blamed and the economy still stinks its possible that the band of thieves presently in power were actually the cause and not bush.:surprised:

or

279632_sk_lg.jpg

What about brand new pink eraser Tie, so GW sympathizers can erase history.

Or maybe we can wait for his prime time address to the American people, listen to the new strategy, and then make armchair quarterback judgements. I mean really, you'all sound like disgruntled Cheney puppets :puppet: <---Cheney <whispering to his puppets>"Say dithering"... Yeah, new word of the month.

Pssst Diesel....chaney and bush are not in power anymore.. everything happening is now Obama fault. Though you can spread it around to Pelosi if you want.I don't need an eraser I need a pencil to write Obama and pelosi back into history. for some reason your history book does not have a congress in it. ROFLMAO

diesel96

ABC Oprah-Obama Christmas Special

diesel96 Sunday Dec13 at 10pm
and don't forget the popcorn & kool-aid

I'm not sure what this has to do with this thread, and I'm not sure what I'll be munching on Sunday Dec 13 at 10;00 pm. If I was to guess I'd say I'll be having a few Dos Equis and fish taco's... And IMO, Better Oprah interviewing Obama than Barbara Waa Waa......

Oops, scratch that...on second thoughts, just remembered, signed up for a Sun-Thur bid run for peek, so my sunday nights are spoken for....

diesel96

Tsk Tsk you and your liberal friends keep blaming bush for every problem in the world. Is it dishonest of me to remind everyone that the present congress was there helping the world crash and burn. Is dishonest of me to remind everyone that Obama, pelosi, Reed and rest were there and did not ride up from the countryside in January?:peaceful:

Considering the fact that Bush is no longer here to be blamed and the economy still stinks its possible that the band of thieves presently in power were actually the cause and not bush

Pssst Diesel....chaney and bush are not in power anymore.. everything happening is now Obama fault. Though you can spread it around to Pelosi if you want.I don't need an eraser I need a pencil to write Obama and pelosi back into history. for some reason your history book does not have a congress in it. ROFLMAO

Cause and effect, and in Bush and Cheney's case, their effects will take years in repairations:peaceful: Even if Jesus was President...

diesel96

I thought Jesus WAS president......Messiah, you know.

There's a new Messiah in town, and the name is not "Reggie Hammond"(Another 48 hrs reference), it's Sarah Palin....:bow:"Were not worthy"...

By the way, Ala is just the word between pie and mode.

By the way "Jah" (Rasta God) is just a word planted behind "Gon", and we have reaped Gonjah...

All talk........ No substance.

Splain Lucy ? What are you referencing ?