Age and Retiring

Vette51

I have over 30 years combined but not yet 55 years old to get healthcare. Unexpected health reasons I may not be able to return to work..The pension calculator has my pension difference about $800 if I retire at 53 vs 55. I knew healthcare was an issue, why such a huge financial difference ?? Central states/ Company pension. Is 55 a benchmark for pension too ?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm not in central states but under our plan, if you are forced to retire early due to a medical issue you are still entitled to your full pension, I believe you just need to get a disability rating from the SSA to qualify.

I have over 30 years combined but not yet 55 years old to get healthcare. Unexpected health reasons I may not be able to return to work..The pension calculator has my pension difference about $800 if I retire at 53 vs 55. I knew healthcare was an issue, why such a huge financial difference ?? Central states/ Company pension. Is 55 a benchmark for pension too ?
Because that's two years more they would have to pay out your pension at age 53 versus age 55

group

I retired at 53 with 37 years at ups 32 full 5 part time .i do have central states,i got full dollar amount ,i had to do high dollar cobra till age 55,but it was worth every dime.AT 55 reg ins kicked in.............And there is life after brown everyday is Saturday !!!!!!!!!!!

35years

Gravy route
Are you sure your part time years count....Did you have enough hours each part time year to get you to a 30 year mark ?

Also the pension (UPS/Teamster) goes up by contract in (August? ) 2020. No increase in 2019.

rod

Retired 22 years
I retired at 53 with 37 years at ups 32 full 5 part time .i do have central states,i got full dollar amount ,i had to do high dollar cobra till age 55,but it was worth every dime.AT 55 reg ins kicked in.............And there is life after brown everyday is Saturday !!!!!!!!!!!
----

You were working at UPS when you were 16?

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Are you sure your part time years count....Did you have enough hours each part time year to get you to a 30 year mark ?

Also the pension (UPS/Teamster) goes up by contract in (August? ) 2020. No increase in 2019.
I know here (west) part time years count. The contribution towards the pension is a little less for part time, but if you only do a few p/t years, the difference over 30+ years makes little difference. I did 31yrs, 3 p/t.

mikejonesjr

Roughly how many hours do you need a year? for part time