Age of Retirement benefits

oldngray

nowhere special
I didn't think anybody could retire and keep their Teamcare unless they were at least 55.
I was one of the lucky ones who retired with UPS health care and have been able to keep it.
I turn 65 next month and UPS has informed me they can't wait to get rid of me. Fine by me.
It depends on the local. I think if you have Teamcare its 55 but for my local the UPS retirees are still covered by UPS (Aetna) insurance which can be 52 or any age depending on the language. Which does cause some confusion when you call the local union for information.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I didn't think anybody could retire and keep their Teamcare unless they were at least 55.
I was one of the lucky ones who retired with UPS health care and have been able to keep it.
I turn 65 next month and UPS has informed me they can't wait to get rid of me. Fine by me.
When you turn 65 and go on Medicare, purchase a good Supplement Insurance and it will beat Team Care hands down. Supplement will cover pretty much of deductibles and what Medicare doesn't pay. Our Local retirement was 30 years and out at any age. So I beat feet at 49. Best decision in my life, except for choosing my spouse.

oldupsman

When you turn 65 and go on Medicare, purchase a good Supplement Insurance and it will beat Team Care hands down. Supplement will cover pretty much of deductibles and what Medicare doesn't pay. Our Local retirement was 30 years and out at any age. So I beat feet at 49. Best decision in my life, except for choosing my spouse.

I turn 65 next month and already got my supplemental with Aetna. They were always very reliable with my
policy that we had with UPS so I stuck with them. I went with the top plan. It isn't cheap. But the peace of mind
will be worth.

The Milkman

I

I am in the same boat as you, 65 in May. They can't get rid of us too soon LOL

oldupsman

I

I am in the same boat as you, 65 in May. They can't get rid of us too soon LOL

You'll get your letter in early April. My wife turns 65 in May. While informing me of my termination Feb 1
they also wanted me to pay 2 months in advance to continue her health care. You can apply for your Medicare
card 3 months in advance of your birth month. I already had mine in Nov. and hers came just yesterday.

I've already got my new Aetna and Silver Script card. We've got an appointment to get her all set up with hers
next week. I didn't want to take a chance on any gaps. Because you know UPS will cut you off the first day they can.
Good luck on your supplemental.

The Milkman

They owe you the world for a whopping 25 years.

I would think that with a feeble mind like yours, you would understand that I worked no longer than I had to receive my pension. Why others work 5 to 10 years after being eligible is beyond me. I was lucky enough in my life to not be one of those that started working at UPS right out of High School and had to in at least my Local work 30 years and retire regardless of age. I started back in 81, hired off the street friend/T just when NDA was taking off. Why would you care how many years I put in at Big Brown? I value my time off in retirement as priceless. We only go around once, and to stay any longer putting up with all the BS at UPS is just not worth it. Maybe you are one of the unlucky ones that is miserable now dealing with the crap that rolls downhill day after day? I can only guess, as you seem to be negative many times with many of your responses, more than likely being stuck having to put in more than 25 to get out of the rut you seem to be in. I was one of those that did not want to boast " I left UPS with 38 or 42 years of Service" I did my time deciding that there is Life outside the walls of Big Brown. Just wondering How old were you when you started? And how many years do you have to work before you can hang it up?
Do the math.............I started at 30........add 25...........equals 55.........retirement requirements met............farewell............:clap:

ski or die

Ski or Die
I would think that with a feeble mind like yours, you would understand that I worked no longer than I had to receive my pension. Why others work 5 to 10 years after being eligible is beyond me. I was lucky enough in my life to not be one of those that started working at UPS right out of High School and had to in at least my Local work 30 years and retire regardless of age. I started back in 81, hired off the street friend/T just when NDA was taking off. Why would you care how many years I put in at Big Brown? I value my time off in retirement as priceless. We only go around once, and to stay any longer putting up with all the BS at UPS is just not worth it. Maybe you are one of the unlucky ones that is miserable now dealing with the crap that rolls downhill day after day? I can only guess, as you seem to be negative many times with many of your responses, more than likely being stuck having to put in more than 25 to get out of the rut you seem to be in. I was one of those that did not want to boast " I left UPS with 38 or 42 years of Service" I did my time deciding that there is Life outside the walls of Big Brown. Just wondering How old were you when you started? And how many years do you have to work before you can hang it up?
Do the math.............I started at 30........add 25...........equals 55.........retirement requirements met............farewell............:clap:
Total agreement. 30 years to the day. My anniversary date fell on the 31st of the month. The next day received my first pension check. Philosophy is right, get your time completed and get out and enjoy life while you are still young.

Shiftless

Hey I fit that description! Altho Milkman thinks he was lucky enough "NOT TO be one", I was Lucky enough to be one, almost kinda sorta! For me it was just a tick outta high school while in Jr. college I started with UPS. Similar to Milkman, I didn't work longer than I needed to! I walked away at 49 still on the books for 5 months with vacation, holiday and sick pay that I had religiously saved up so I could grab that pension and healthcare. This was right up there with some of the best choices made in my life. This May it will be 12 years out! As some thought "how come you want to leave early?" I was the same as Milkman "why would you stay?" Ya gotta love choices! Pick the one that works for you I say!

The Milkman

Total agreement. 30 years to the day. My anniversary date fell on the 31st of the month. The next day received my first pension check. Philosophy is right, get your time completed and get out and enjoy life while you are still young.

Right Thinking my friend! Enjoy your Time!

The Milkman

Hey I fit that description! Altho Milkman thinks he was lucky enough "NOT TO be one", I was Lucky enough to be one, almost kinda sorta! For me it was just a tick outta high school while in Jr. college I started with UPS. Similar to Milkman, I didn't work longer than I needed to! I walked away at 49 still on the books for 5 months with vacation, holiday and sick pay that I had religiously saved up so I could grab that pension and healthcare. This was right up there with some of the best choices made in my life. This May it will be 12 years out! As some thought "how come you want to leave early?" I was the same as Milkman "why would you stay?" Ya gotta love choices! Pick the one that works for you I say!

Jan 1st was my 9th year of Vacation LOL

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I started at 28. I have 28 years in and 2 1/2 to go. I'll consider it a privilege to retire young, not an entitlement. My health insurance will be 500 plus and I won't whine about it.

The Milkman

I started at 28. I have 28 years in and 2 1/2 to go. I'll consider it a privilege to retire young, not an entitlement. My health insurance will be 500 plus and I won't whine about it.

Never thought of retirement as an entitlement. Why you think that is beyond me. So you are one of the unfortunate ones that needs to do more time than me. Why we both started at different ages is just in the cards we were dealt in life. As for what your insurance will be, that was set up by your Local not mine, so you will have to deal with it and also not whine like it sounds like you are doing now.. Everyone that retires has depending on their Locals different benefits which when we both started at UPS knew them well I advance of our retirement dates. Yes they have changed over the years, something that the locals had a hand in. Well you say you will be paying 500 per month. Sure glad I am not in your local. But maybe 10 years after you hang it up and your monthly costs double or triple because of contracts voted on in the future by current workers, I think you will just suck it up and thank those that caused it? Because you have no control over it anymore. Yes I think you will be a happy camper then. Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!! They told you 500 when you retire? Now it will be 900! How can that be?? Maybe you will understand by then what many of us current retirees feel like today and by the way don't worry about me. I will be off my benefits in 4 months and your taxes will then be supporting my retired fat ass. I retired at 55, I would think that qualifies as young. Entitlements I think you would agree are earned?? And if anyone happens to be at the right place at the right time like me, Then I am happy that they to got to be paroled early like myself. The next 2 years will fly by fast and I hope you are able to walk out and not limp out like many before us did, and be able to enjoy your retirement that you earned, not just happily given to you by UPS because of the kindness of their hearts.
You seem to have a chip on your 56 year old shoulder, more than likely because of your current daily conditions that you have to deal with everyday. And all of us retirees are glad we do not have to play that game anymore:cheer_up: