Agreement reached

airbusfxr

Local 2727 and UPSCO has a tentative agreement. Details to follows but the hotline states it is THE industry leading contract. Let's hope that this will end the 5 year stalemate.

airbusfxr

Thanks and we will need it. Even with a 40k retro check you would get maybe 30k. What about pmcs? Giving these phase PMIs airplane work to oversea vendors could reduce the workforce by another 10%. UPSCO could pay each mechanic a 100 bucks an hour, free health care, 401k match, 9 weeks vac and still come out on top. I am not willing to give up jobs for pennies on the dollar. I am also wanting the outcome of the election debacle to be cleared by the Joint Councel before I accept an agreement from this group.

airbusfxr

Wait till it's your turn and let's see how you cry. You have no clue what happens at UPSCO. The issue is pmc's being traded for jobs. You would roll over on others to fill your pockets but I am looking to keep people working.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wait till it's your turn and let's see how you cry. You have no clue what happens at UPSCO. The issue is pmc's being traded for jobs. You would roll over on others to fill your pockets but I am looking to keep people working.

I admit that the only clue I have about UPSCO is what you have posted here which is why I have the opinion that I do.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I started working at the Airport for UPS and I know several mechanics from there still, Airplane and maintenance. Im hoping your offer is decent enough that you can live comfortably for the near future. But it sounds like that if you except this pffer jobs will be lost and a $50,000 check for past wages. I hate to tell you which way this vote will go, but it only took $500 for the fulltimers to sell out the part timers back in the 80's.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I started working at the Airport for UPS and I know several mechanics from there still, Airplane and maintenance. Im hoping your offer is decent enough that you can live comfortably for the near future. But it sounds like that if you except this pffer jobs will be lost and a $50,000 check for past wages. I hate to tell you which way this vote will go, but it only took $500 for the fulltimers to sell out the part timers back in the 80's.

+1 don't be afraid to vote no to keep jobs!! I am sure that UPSCO is going to try to reduce staff the same as the rest of the company has/is trying to do. Keep up the good fight!!

airbusfxr

Ups wants to talk to pilots about FAA rule changes. Heard IPA said "no thanks till the local 2727 is put to bed". Seems ole UPSCO has 2 work groups that might be united.

worldwide

Saw the numbers on teamsters.org looks like a no vote.

Why? Highest paid in the industry at $46.70/hour; no paying for benefits; retroactive pension benefits; life insurance benefits increased. What's missing?

Local 2727 negotiating committe endorses it; executive board endorses it; IBT airline division endorses it. What's missing?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Why? Highest paid in the industry at $46.70/hour; no paying for benefits; retroactive pension benefits; life insurance benefits increased. What's missing?

Local 2727 negotiating committe endorses it; executive board endorses it; IBT airline division endorses it. What's missing?

Not sure as I have not seen the proposal, but my guess would be the lack of job protection language. Does no good to get all that if you lose your job 2 weeks later!!!

airbusfxr

Yep we have already shut down the airline in 97 so you got yours. Now when the shoe is on the other foot you try to shove it up my :censored2:. It is our turn to make up for helping ups money. And again we will shut it down so upstate can fill his pockets.

worldwide

Not sure as I have not seen the proposal, but my guess would be the lack of job protection language. Does no good to get all that if you lose your job 2 weeks later!!!

Would the local 2727 negotiating committe endorses it and the executive board endorses it and the IBT airline division endorses it if it was a bad agreement for its members? If so, why? What's the point of having someone negotiate on your behalf if they are going to endorse a bad agreement?

airbusfxr

You should change your id to "what in the world why?" or "worldwhy?". Here's the deal, we shall make 50.31 bucks an hour, free health care, full retro, 401k and pension bonuses, an extra 100k life insurance addition, big improvements to short and long term dis, but we are losing the B747 PMCs. Would you vote yes or no? I, Airbusfxr, turn aircraft, fix broke aircraft, lube, boro, change tires making UPSCO the safest, reliable, customer happy company while being overlooked by the FAA. Sure, Upssux, upstate NY, pemgr, hoaxter, looks at this Tentative offer and thinks it is way too much for me. It will pass by a small amount I just hope we do not lose another 10% of the workers. In closing, this is not greed, UPSCO and UPSINC are run by airline mechanics from II Morrow and understand the value of the people that represent local2727.org.