Ahhh peak season...

cynic

Spoken like a true....sup lol. C'mon Cynic....let's get back to swinging in the trees and chasing our tails lol. If you're a good package monkey...maybe i'll even peel.....your banana....lol

Back to swinging in the trees it is!! I'm a good package monkey! I can even be a great package monkey! lol

kingOFchester

The best part of peak is watching management running around trying to figure out what the heck happened. All panicked up, acting like this is the first peak.

While they are running around, getting calls from above, trying to keep fires from turning into a full out blaze.....I will be out in a truck, following direction and delivering each package one stop at a time. If I follow the methods, communicate my issues I will have no worries.

S

serenity now

I just hope I live long enough to be able to enjoy the Christmas season, once again.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
The best part of peak is watching management running around trying to figure out what the heck happened. All panicked up, acting like this is the first peak.

While they are running around, getting calls from above, trying to keep fires from turning into a full out blaze.....I will be out in a truck, following direction and delivering each package one stop at a time. If I follow the methods, communicate my issues I will have no worries.
Never thought I'd say this, but a lot to be said for "just" punching a time clock. As you said, no worries.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Never thought I'd say this, but a lot to be said for "just" punching a time clock. As you said, no worries.

I am recently retired and if I get a job in the future, it will be a "punch in, punch out" job.
​Stocking items at Lowes or Home Depot is on my radar.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I am recently retired and if I get a job in the future, it will be a "punch in, punch out" job.
​Stocking items at Lowes or Home Depot is on my radar.

That would be a stress free job, sounds good to me. I'v got my plan too.

Many friends & family self employed, that would not, or could not do it again. Some have gotten jobs after down sizing or closing their business, & enjoy being an employee, as I do.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
The same Amazon dumping us because of our lack of contract?

Its what I've been hearing though the vines. Anyways, it seems volume is going to go through the roof during and after peak this time. Which means more drivers and more hours on the road.

Edit, and lack of contract is not an issue, because we are still working and not under a strike.

cynic

If you look on Amazon's user forums you can see the customers are having a meltdown over the use of SmartPost/SurePost and the inability to track packages once they leave UPS/FedEx.

I live in a large metropolitan area so whether it comes straight from UPS/FedEx or USPS the Amazon Prime shipments always make it in two days. Not a fan of seeing "our" business get diverted to USPS but it's the CEO way - make their numbers and get THEIR bonuses, screw the hourly workers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you look on Amazon's user forums you can see the customers are having a meltdown over the use of SmartPost/SurePost and the inability to track packages once they leave UPS/FedEx.

I live in a large metropolitan area so whether it comes straight from UPS/FedEx or USPS the Amazon Prime shipments always make it in two days. Not a fan of seeing "our" business get diverted to USPS but it's the CEO way - make their numbers and get THEIR bonuses, screw the hourly workers.

If it were not for Surepost we wouldn't see any of that volume----it would go straight to the Post Office or one of their private carriers.