Al Franken is senator

P

pickup

republican opponent gives up. Franken will be a confirmed senator real soon, taking away any chance of a Republican filibuster.

brett636

God help us...

Since his Air America got its rear end handed to it by conservative talk radio I wonder how long it will take him to begin harping for the need for more equality in talk radio. Perhaps resurrecting some version of the fairness doctrine.

diesel96

I don't know if we could find another liberal as obnoxious as this guy. Sorry Diesel. :happy-very:

I tell you what Tie, Like Al Franken's character on SNL, Stuart Smalley: I'm going to help you cope, and get by until 2012! I want you to look into the mirror and repeat after me. I'm gonna help this administration! Why? Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!.....sigh

tieguy

Banned
I tell you what Tie, Like Al Franken's character on SNL, Stuart Smalley: I'm going to help you cope, and get by until 2012! I want you to look into the mirror and repeat after me. I'm gonna help this administration! Why? Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!.....sigh

How's that work. Is it right hand on the hip and left wrist limp or left hand on the hip and right wrist limp:happy-very:

UPS Lifer

For a good balance we now need Senators Penn & Teller !! :happy-very:

I absolutely agree!!! and I also agree with you about Jeanine Crapafola!

Al Frankenstein will probably tone down a little now that he is a senator but his views will still be the same. The big problem is that he is on some powerful committees and will be able to have some high profile influence.

wkmac

Al Franken, Chickenhawk

Did Franken make false claims about his Iraq war opposition?

Even Alexander Cockburn in Sept. 2005' pointed out Franken's shortcomings with Iraq even over at Air America.

What lies on the horizon by way of a renewed Democratic party? We're supposed to be welcoming The senatorial candidacy in Minnesota of Al Franken, a man who won't let the words "Withdraw from Iraq now" be uttered on the Air America network? God help us.

Where will Franken fall in respect to Iran? In doing some quick searches I was surprised at how little in respect to Iran has been said by Franken but in an Oct. 11, 2008' Senate Debate, Franken did publically oppose military force against Iran and instead supported a type of detente if you will towards Iran. Understanding and respecting Sen. Franken's religious/cultural heritage I don't know what pressures he is under or will experience should a different course develop but considering some of his actions in respect to Iraq, I'm not sure how much Franken is true to what he wants people on both political sides to believe that he is.

Franken at the Oct. 11th debate

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, if Franken resigns today.......you'll probably see him appearing in the main room at either Pechanga or Pala. That's where old comics go to die!!!

We were going to see Geo Carlin at Pala....he died!