"Aldo" Shoe Store; scan all pickup pkgs?

DS

Fenderbender
I agree with overnine that depending on where you are,probobly to make it all nice on paper,the procedure varies.Stug,you obviously don't pick up many pkgs,I often get asked to help out and grab 3 or 4 skids from an area close to me.If I took the time to scan 300 pkgs,I would miss my own pickups.On top of that,we get ods pickups up to 18:30 pm,and they often get dispatched with no shipper #,no waybill,etc...I just take them,its easier than arguing with dispatch,I also have 2 lbxes on the way back in,where every pkg needs a scan for the cust to get thier discount.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have an ALDO store in our mall. They do not use end of day, so I do scan every package there. All of their pkgs have the little bowtie on the bottom. I scan all of those just to cover my ass since there is no record of outgoing pieces.

Actually if you did not scan them, you would be covering your butt because there would be no record.
Now that you have scanned them, you are now on the hook.

bumped

Actually if you did not scan them, you would be covering your butt because there would be no record.
Now that you have scanned them, you are now on the hook.

Not really. At UPS you are guilty until proven innocent. The company always believes the shipper over the driver.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
End of day, what is that? :confused2:

Seriously, I pick up thousands of packages a day and most of the time I am only able to just give a "guesstimate" on how much is in the trailer.

brownone

Any & all packages in UPS dropboxes should receive a scan, regardless of service level (including ARS packages). Additionally, if a customer drops off a bundle of envelopes with the PSB attached, the driver should scan both the PSB as well as all of the packages associated with it.

If a driver receives an ODS pickup event, all packages should be scanned at that pickup.

If a driver has a daily pickup and is asked by the customer to scan all packages, the driver should explain that each individual package will receive a scan at the local sort facility and that scanning the PSB will account for all the packages picked up. It is not necessary to scan anything further -- the driver should then enter the appropriate package counts for each service level. The driver should verify that the number of packages picked up matches the number listed on the PSB. If it does not match, the driver should record the actual number on the PSB along with his signature after the customer verifies that there are no more packages remaining to be shipped.

I would venture to guess that Aldo has their billing tied to the origin scan, which may explain why they would want the drivers scanning all packages.

OH

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I believe that I.E. changes thier guidlines so often that management cant even keep up with them. Really Ive been asking management for over a year now how to code out or account for arriving on area at a satelite location with thier volume. Nobody knows for sure, but they do agree with me that considering the time that I commit to getting thier DIAD's and all thier paprework and then transfering everything to them on location, should require some account for loss time. So thier solution for thier ignorance is that I put in the board that I couple and uncouple one extra time. Anyhow this is just an example of how uninformed many of management really are.