All the respect in the world for UPS workers but…

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDB

I'm guessing the OP thinks that this is some kind of official UPS site.

Nope. And even if we cared, there's not a damned thing we could do for him.

I know it isn't. It says up front. But wanted to see what kind of reaction I'd get. So you guys honky dory with your management? Really?

CDB

Someone is starting to sound a lot like management...[/QUOTE

And typically publicly traded companies can't make enough to satisfy Wallstreet. It's not enough to make a profit and do better. You have to keep making more and more money. At some point quality suffers due to short term profit measures, and at some point your union will be gone because that's another cost cutting measure. It's coming you can count on it.

How so? What difference does it make if you pull up to a residence business or a building officially designated as a business?
Most business are located in a central area where we can deliver many packages ,with a lot less miles.

Years ago,everyone was charged the same rate. When they added the surcharge for residentials.....boom half of my route became doctors or reverends.

Like it or not ,that's the way it is.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You want me to fear the union being gone?

Sorry bud, you're trying to scare the wrong person. That would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I know it isn't. It says up front. But wanted to see what kind of reaction I'd get. So you guys honky dory with your management? Really?

Truth be told, I'm hunky dory with everyone.

I'm retired and don't give a flying leap.

opey

if its a house, in a residential area/road, its going to be classified as a residential stop regardless if theres a business operating there

km3

As has already been said, we work for a for-profit company that is in this business to make money. Just like you. The USPS is losing money. UPS is making money. How long do you really think the USPS is going to be the better option?

I'm sorry for your dilemma, but it doesn't make sense for UPS to make concessions for businesses in your position unless they want to end up like the USPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.