Almost a new driver just need train.

armyvet

Monday I am headed to Syracuse to a training facility. Heard something strange from a mechanic today while I was trying on uniforms. He told me my hub is hurting for drivers (I am hired outside of UPS not promoted from within) because they are forcing drivers to deliver 180 packages in 8 hours. That doesn't scare me, just curious if any one ever had to deliver that kind of load before.

armyvet

Cool. Mechanic made it seem everyone running for the hills cuz of a lil hard work. Took as a grain of salt anyway. Thanks

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Monday I am headed to Syracuse to a training facility. Heard something strange from a mechanic today while I was trying on uniforms. He told me my hub is hurting for drivers (I am hired outside of UPS not promoted from within) because they are forcing drivers to deliver 180 packages in 8 hours. That doesn't scare me, just curious if any one ever had to deliver that kind of load before.
Lmao. I go out with 300-350 packages a day, in an eight hundred. 180, I’d eat two lunches and half the receptionists on my route.

armyvet

LMAO! I dont know what the hell that mechanic was trying to say then..maybe he should talk with you for about 1 min...lol

armyvet

Pretty sure he ment stops in 8 hours , not packages
NO..he literally said 180 packages...since I have never delivered before I assumed he was making it sound like a lot. Like I said, he is a mechanic so I will let him fix things and not give advice on delivering.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

180 packages in 8 hours? Pretty sure he meant stops.

Are they putting you up in a hotel Sunday night?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They haven't given me the details yet, all I was told was I start training Monday. I will know more tomorrow.

Generally if you have to drive 50 miles or more they will put you up in a hotel. You will be given a per diem for meals and will be reimbursed for your mileage from your home center/hub to Syracuse.

If you do stay in a hotel take advantage of the continental breakfast before class.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I hope they dont give me sheet for my polish job on my boots. I got enough to shine, but not going all out. Had enough of that crap in the military. LOL

You’re making a mistake show up with a good shoeshine and a hard crease in your pants and shirt sleeves

Ol boy inspecting will get a boner