Already injured two weeks in, what do I do?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's part of dispatch on Mondays..
Mondays are just as much a chit show inside as they are on route. So much completely and utterly unnecessary labor that could have been avoided and this is on the day where people are most likely to be completely sleep deprived, hungover, or called out sick.

Is it literally just taking stuff off the end of the belt and running it back up to the front? Sounds dreadful.

1619046904126.png

Big Rigger

Mondays are just as much a chit show inside as they are on route. So much completely and utterly unnecessary labor that could have been avoided and this is on the day where people are most likely to be completely sleep deprived, hungover, or called out sick.

Is it literally just taking stuff off the end of the belt and running it back up to the front? Sounds dreadful.

View attachment 335186
Sad but true.

Steamer

If you get hurt this early in your career they see you as a liability.
I mentioned that preload at the split was hurting my shoulder some and I wanted to drive. So they made me a full time RPCD. Go figure. I did come in 150 clicks under just about daily for seasonal though. I never signed up for preload. I didn't complain to quit working though. I just didn't want to do preload and they knew it.

I mentioned that preload at the split was hurting my shoulder some and I wanted to drive. So they made me a full time RPCD. Go figure. I did come in 150 clicks under just about daily for seasonal though. I never signed up for preload. I didn't complain to quit working though. I just didn't want to do preload and they knew it.
Everyone has a different story. The bottom line with the economics today if a new employee is going to get hurt UPS does not want that liability

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Hello, I am a new employee and I am not sure what to do about this situation. They have me doing recycling which involves walking a cart full of boxes back and fourth for four hours straight. The first day they put me to work I started getting pain at the base of my big toe. I believe it is called sesamoiditis and it takes six weeks to heal IF you let your foot rest which is not an option for me. I also must have hurt my thumb yesterday because I have all the symptoms of arthritis. The back of my knee is killing me too. I really need this job to pay for college but I am afraid my body won't even work by the end of the year. If I ask them to put me in a different department, such as small sort, will they let me? If I pretend that I just got the injury today what will they do? Because I dont want them saying that I did not get injured there when it is so obvious. My body has never had this many injuries at once. Also can anyone provide tips for keeping myself safe? Thank you.
I had the same issues as you have when I first started at UPS, what worked for me was having my Mom come in to talk to my supervisor. Once she explained how soft I was, they gave me really easy jobs in the building.