Already injured two weeks in, what do I do?

specter208

Recommend you endure this pain. If you are on probation, you cannot afford to get hurt. You Don’t know for sure what you haveuntil you see a doctor. It could be your body is just not used to this type of work and the pains will go away soon by themselves.

PPH_over_9000

Recommend you endure this pain. If you are on probation, you cannot afford to get hurt. You Don’t know for sure what you haveuntil you see a doctor. It could be your body is just not used to this type of work and the pains will go away soon by themselves.

The pain never goes away, we just learn to grin and bear it. Most of us have forgotten how to grin, though...

YOU WILL NEVER BE A RPCD
✊🧔
img.gif

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Hello, I am a new employee and I am not sure what to do about this situation. They have me doing recycling which involves walking a cart full of boxes back and fourth for four hours straight. The first day they put me to work I started getting pain at the base of my big toe. I believe it is called sesamoiditis and it takes six weeks to heal IF you let your foot rest which is not an option for me. I also must have hurt my thumb yesterday because I have all the symptoms of arthritis. The back of my knee is killing me too. I really need this job to pay for college but I am afraid my body won't even work by the end of the year. If I ask them to put me in a different department, such as small sort, will they let me? If I pretend that I just got the injury today what will they do? Because I dont want them saying that I did not get injured there when it is so obvious. My body has never had this many injuries at once. Also can anyone provide tips for keeping myself safe? Thank you.
Do you even lift

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Hello, I am a new employee and I am not sure what to do about this situation. They have me doing recycling which involves walking a cart full of boxes back and fourth for four hours straight. The first day they put me to work I started getting pain at the base of my big toe. I believe it is called sesamoiditis and it takes six weeks to heal IF you let your foot rest which is not an option for me. I also must have hurt my thumb yesterday because I have all the symptoms of arthritis. The back of my knee is killing me too. I really need this job to pay for college but I am afraid my body won't even work by the end of the year. If I ask them to put me in a different department, such as small sort, will they let me? If I pretend that I just got the injury today what will they do? Because I dont want them saying that I did not get injured there when it is so obvious. My body has never had this many injuries at once. Also can anyone provide tips for keeping myself safe? Thank you.
Did you really say that your big toe hurt??

meritocracy

Had the same kinds of problems when I first started doing physical work. It'll go away. Drink lots of water, eat healthy and more calories than you normally do, have a protein shake after your shift, get some good insoles in your shoes, etc. You'll be fine. Don't tell anyone you hurt yourself unless you don't want to make it past your seniority date. Oh yeah, and you'd be surprised how much some light exercise helps with soreness.

nWo

Running recycles is light duty. Maybe you are not built for a job at UPS. Not everybody is. Or maybe you just have to take some time to adjust.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
A lot of your problems can be from the shoes you are wearing, have to find some good ones that work for you and meet ups standards.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Any time somebody goes from sedentary to physical labor be it from a job or a work out program, or even just gardening, you will feel extremely sore and it will be hard to conceive of continuing. It's really up to you. Not to sound too harsh but you have to learn to deal with it or look for something else. Try and embrace it. Read David Goggins book.
BEA6E588-AAA2-41B4-AD31-60FF4FFF0F24.jpeg

Stay hard MFer!!!