Always know that clearance height!!!

Tiny Panda

I remember a route i used to cover, there was a low bridge/tunnel connecting one side of an industrial estate to the other but it was only for cars and had an 8ft 6 height marker on it, the trucks had to use the big bridge a mile or so down the road. When the guy was teaching me the route he went straight under this bridge in the truck which was 10ft 4. When i asked how knew it would fit he just replied that the previous guy had done the same.

Never found out who went under there first to see if the truck would fit.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That has to be photo-shopped, I thought FedEx only had airplanes:happy2:
:surprised:

I don't think any of you are really being fair. Guy's trying to deliver a bridge and ya'll are giving him a hard time.
:surprised::surprised:

NY State seems to have a their own yardstick for measuring bridges. I've been told it's the from the hub up or something like that, but you can go right under a bridge marked 13' with a 13'6" trailer. The route to Foster Ave in Brooklyn has two subway bridges you go under marked this way.
Maybe it's a suggested height.:wink2:

LOL She must not have been all bad. You have to kids to prove it. :wink2:
Don't you just hate it when you bad mouth the ex and someone comes back with a comment like this?:knockedout:

M

Mike23

LOL we have an air driver that has had a few scrapes with inanimate objects. He took our air van through a Starbucks drive-thru. He came out the other side with a nice scrape down the length of the van from one of the concrete poles.

Sounds like our car parkers. They have gotten better but every now and then you find a yellow scrape of paint that management tries to blame on the driver.

RanMan

A hotel on my route has a low canopy. I have never tried to go under it. The fedex driver always did go under it in his van. When he started driving a pkg car he tried to go under it and found it was to tall. A week after they repaired it he did it again. I guess he thought they built it taller.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
A hotel on my route has a low canopy. I have never tried to go under it. The fedex driver always did go under it in his van. When he started driving a pkg car he tried to go under it and found it was to tall. A week after they repaired it he did it again. I guess he thought they built it taller.
The FedEx guy became a UPS guy and slammed into the canopy twice?

RanMan

No. fedex changed his vehicle to a truck about the size of my pkg car. I am not sure what fedex calls it so I used our lingo. After the second crash the hotel built a taller canopy to make it fedex proof.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No. fedex changed his vehicle to a truck about the size of my pkg car. I am not sure what fedex calls it so I used our lingo. After the second crash the hotel built a taller canopy to make it fedex proof.
Ahhh, gotcha. Next time I need home improvements I'll order something from FedEx.:wink2:

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Cove, remember that 24 footer out back a few years ago? Package guy took it under a low bridge, looked like a can opener took the top off.

Aaaahhh, the old sardine truck, 24 footer. Its in my fleet. he took it under a bridge in Billerica and tor the top back like a sardine can. That was totally awesome. truck missed that entire peak season because he tor it up on the second day or so of that peak season.:funny:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
A good driver has great judgement.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

close.jpg
closer.jpg
closest.jpg