Amazon Packages being Delivered at 615am on Saturday Morning

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
All the small town post offices around here are getting slammed with Amazon. Kinda funny seeing the fat rural couriers stressed out for once in their lives.

rod

Retired 22 years
7:25 a.m. P.O. delivery here. Don’t ask if it was sure post or what ever you call it. I wouldn’t know a sure post if it bit me in the ass

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
USPS is not "helping" anyone out. They are getting paid for deliveries that they already were going to make.

Regardless, USPS is not in competition with UPS or FedEx.

So when I do a CPU and an entire USPS trailer next to my UPS trailer is full that isn't competition?

Also, when Amazon doesn't use your services for months and then asks for help on Christmas Eve, how is that a delivery they were already going to make?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I hope Amazon has an epic fail Monday.

In the past they've blamed others for their delivery failures which will be harder this year. I'm also curious to see if they make their contractors deliver on Christmas day, which seems like something they would try.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just now got a message from Amazon on my Facebook page saying— “Don’t panic- there’s still time to have it delivered by Christmas.” You guys are so friend’ed.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
when we order from Wal Mart we usually get the package next day and this is free shipping option. Not every time but most of the time. Costco takes 3 days and we complain. Amazon is falling behind for us.

getting really spoiled.

BlackCat

So when I do a CPU and an entire USPS trailer next to my UPS trailer is full that isn't competition?

Also, when Amazon doesn't use your services for months and then asks for help on Christmas Eve, how is that a delivery they were already going to make?

Amazon was/is going to drop everyone the first chance they get.

Better to drop the habit before you get dependent on it.

FromOffTheStreets

Seriously???? Yes they absolutely are in competition...
They are competing on regular shipments.

However surepost is more like a business being the middle man. Like a company offering yard signs, having another company print them, then charging the customer an uncharged.

Ups gets the customer, takes the package to the post office, then the post office delivers it for a smaller price.
Ups makes more $ that way by not having to pay the labor costs for us to deliver it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I hope Amazon has an epic fail Monday.

In the past they've blamed others for their delivery failures which will be harder this year. I'm also curious to see if they make their contractors deliver on Christmas day, which seems like something they would try.
Oh hell yes those meth heads will be out delivering Christmas Day... absolutely.... same reason Starbucks will be open and it is one of their busiest days but at least Starbucks compensates their employees who volunteer to come in that day...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They are competing on regular shipments.

However surepost is more like a business being the middle man. Like a company offering yard signs, having another company print them, then charging the customer an uncharged.

Ups gets the customer, takes the package to the post office, then the post office delivers it for a smaller price.
Ups makes more $ that way by not having to pay the labor costs for us to deliver it.
And that is a good thing?? You’re a driver, a union driver to boot... this should concern you off the street hire...