Amazon Packages being Delivered at 615am on Saturday Morning

barnyard

KTM rider
Tuesday morning, I received a coffee maker I ordered on Friday Evening. The PO delivered it early enough for me to unpack, clean it and make my coffee to take to the box factory.

My sister wanted one too, so I ordered a factory refurb on Wednesday. It arrived in Wisconsin on Friday, delivered by the PO. They seem to be outperforming us this peak.

barnyard

KTM rider
Regardless, USPS is not in competition with UPS or FedEx.

I ordered an 8 quart instant pot and a Capresso 465 coffee maker from Amazon. Both were delivered by the PO, both were pretty good sized too. The guy that delivers packages to my house says that he hits the road at 5:30. He is usually at my house around 7:30.

My PO and the PO I deliver smart post to both have package delivery people and their regular route people. The package people go out, deliver, go back and get more, several times a day.

rod

Retired 22 years
Tuesday morning, I received a coffee maker I ordered on Friday Evening. The PO delivered it early enough for me to unpack, clean it and make my coffee to take to the box factory.

My sister wanted one too, so I ordered a factory refurb on Wednesday. It arrived in Wisconsin on Friday, delivered by the PO. They seem to be outperforming us this peak.
I’ve never had any problem with the P.O. If something I’d too big for the mailbox they bring it right to my door.

Are they doing 30+ SPH?

rod

Retired 22 years
The quality drivers do. I’m always sliding a po box to the side. They are almost always set on the edge of the porch. The only spot that gets wet.
Quaility drivers? Going public has made them a dying breed. I’m not blaming the drivers

oldngray

nowhere special
He has every right to. The P.O. has control over the contents of a mail box.

Some mailmen won't care but you never know when a D* will be delivering the mail there.

picdump_3016_33.jpg

... leave him a present.

rod

Retired 22 years
Some mailmen won't care but you never know when a D* will be delivering the mail there.

View attachment 227562
... leave him a present.
We had a Postmaster who would insist the UPS Center Manager pick up UPS pkgs left in mailboxes. He wouldn’t give them back to a driver. Needless to say we were told to Never put packages in mailboxes in his area.