Amazon Packages being Delivered at 615am on Saturday Morning

oldngray

nowhere special
We had a Postmaster who would insist the UPS Center Manager pick up UPS pkgs left in mailboxes. He wouldn’t give them back to a driver. Needless to say we were told to Never put packages in mailboxes in his area.
Yeah we had a couple who would pick them up and make UPS get them from the post office too. Most mailmen were pretty cool but there were always a couple of Daves out there.

We had a Postmaster who would insist the UPS Center Manager pick up UPS pkgs left in mailboxes. He wouldn’t give them back to a driver. Needless to say we were told to Never put packages in mailboxes in his area.
Why would anyone use a mailbox? I’ve done it twice because I couldn’t find a driveway or see a house from the road.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah we had a couple who would pick them up and make UPS get them from the post office too. Most mailmen were pretty cool but there were always a couple of Daves out there.
I even had one rural carrier who would take a stop or two off me. I Very seldom took advantage of his generosity but it did come in handy a few times on a Friday I needed off early to get on the road for a vacation.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I even had one rural carrier who would take a stop or two off me. I Very seldom took advantage of his generosity but it did come in handy a few times on a Friday I needed off early to get on the road for a vacation.
Way back in the day, before DIADS and Telematics, I would occasionally “swap” a few packages with the postman or the Fedex guy so that we both wouldnt be following each other down the same long ass driveways.
What happens up in the woods stays up in the woods.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Many times the po will leave pkgs at the bottom of the stairs. (If they are out of sight, I don’t touch those). They NEVER knock or ring the doorbell
I’m not saying our service is above and beyond as it once was but the post office by and large is the bare min that would be acceptable.

Way back in the day, before DIADS and Telematics, I would occasionally “swap” a few packages with the postman or the Fedex guy so that we both wouldnt be following each other down the same long ass driveways.
Deliverance

rod

Retired 22 years
Did that many times with the FedEx guy. He even came to my retirement party and gave me a FedEx shirt as a gift.
I

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Your secret is safe with us.

Deliverance

771590A7-2251-4CD2-9004-F0BD977B3328.gif

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Not sure what Utopian Post Offices you guys all have but out here they are slammed. Buried might be a better way to put it. They’re getting in trouble for scanning things delivered but not actually delivering till the next day. Evidently they say it’s to meet delivery compliance with their customers. Yes they hit the road at O-dark hundred but remember for every 6AM delivery there’s a 9PM delivery.

Mailman in my area said they are hemorrhaging money even more and all have worked without a break since Thanksgiving. So before you all start sucking off the USPS keep that in mind.

There’s a reason that the USPS wants congressional approval to raise shipping rates by 15%.....cause their deal with the devil(Amazon) is killing them.

And to who ever said “the USPS isn’t a competitor”.....you need to pull your head out. All they want is to gobble up all shipping, cause that’s where the real money is at.

Not sure what Utopian Post Offices you guys all have but out here they are slammed. Buried might be a better way to put it. They’re getting in trouble for scanning things delivered but not actually delivering till the next day. Evidently they say it’s to meet delivery compliance with their customers. Yes they hit the road at O-dark hundred but remember for every 6AM delivery there’s a 9PM delivery.

Mailman in my area said they are hemorrhaging money even more and all have worked without a break since Thanksgiving. So before you all start sucking off the USPS keep that in mind.

There’s a reason that the USPS wants congressional approval to raise shipping rates by 15%.....cause their deal with the devil(Amazon) is killing them.

And to who ever said “the USPS isn’t a competitor”.....you need to pull your head out. All they want is to gobble up all shipping, cause that’s where the real money is at.
All the mail trucks I see are only as big as my cab.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I have had tons of personal packages sheeted as delivered or not in when they were never attempted. They claim it’s the only way they have to sheet stuff but I laid into their ass because I know better.

I get that they’re swamped this time of year. Trust me we all get it but don’t falsify records to try and make yourself look good.

specter208

Drivers in my building are not allowed to get EDD on Saturdays. Sometimes the EDD for Monday will stil have stops from Saturday.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know everything—what’s your point?
Trying to figure out if 1989 is a ft delivery driver, a combo guy, a pter who goes out on routes sometimes to deliver for the day, a 22.4, an air driver... who knows??? He says he has worked in dozens of buildings and knows hundreds of routes.... employee who is an international man of mystery....a dying breed at ups I tell ya’....