Amazon Packages being Delivered at 615am on Saturday Morning

Undertow

Sounded like a few years ago when ups really fked up Christmas... my wife’s Facebook was blowing up with people absolutely livid about what happen....might have been worse press for this company than the 96 strike....
The way it was explained to me regarding that miserable 2013 peak was that FedEx and the Post Office drew a line in the sand halfway thru December and told Amazon they had hit their limit and there would be no exceeding it while Scott Davis and the Atlanta board room basically said "Hey bring it on..." resulting in Amazon dumping a huge pile of volume into our already stretched network those final 6 or 7 workdays.

It seemed like bad weather was the norm from coast to coast that peak. We had freezing rain each of the last 3 days and nights of it here. I brought back 50 stops that Christmas Eve and ripped my center manager a new one when he began yelling about so many of us not being able finish everything that night. Never spoke to him or so much acknowledged his existence ever again.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
amazonstolenpackages.jpg

FromOffTheStreets

And that is a good thing?? You’re a driver, a union driver to boot... this should concern you off the street hire...
Ups could overtake the shipping market pretty easily by lowering cost just a little.

We've lost quite a bit of volume from our small center in the recent past because of it. Most shippers simply go with the cheapest rate regardless of the company. I can count a # of pickups where fed ex is loading up most of their truck with stuff we used to take.

Why not lower costs for the smaller companies & take all of that volume & stop taking the Amazon boxes for pennies?

Or lower cost, take Amazon, take surepost & double the size of the company?

Box Ox

The way it was explained to me regarding that miserable 2013 peak was that FedEx and the Post Office drew a line in the sand halfway thru December and told Amazon they had hit their limit and there would be no exceeding it while Scott Davis and the Atlanta board room basically said "Hey bring it on..." resulting in Amazon dumping a huge pile of volume into our already stretched network those final 6 or 7 workdays.

Makes sense. Only year I've had to head all the way back to center to reload the truck. Management and corporate from several states away frantically handing my pile of :censored2: up from the center floor. LOL.

Ups could overtake the shipping market pretty easily by lowering cost just a little.

We've lost quite a bit of volume from our small center in the recent past because of it. Most shippers simply go with the cheapest rate regardless of the company. I can count a # of pickups where fed ex is loading up most of their truck with stuff we used to take.

Why not lower costs for the smaller companies & take all of that volume & stop taking the Amazon boxes for pennies?

Or lower cost, take Amazon, take surepost & double the size of the company?

I agree with you. But it might be similar to the problem Apple is having with their increased 2018 device pricing. It's hurt sales, but they can't really lower the pricing much because the devices actually cost more to make than previous years and investors would freak the :censored2: out if they saw lower profit margins than they're used to.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

It seemed like bad weather was the norm from coast to coast that peak. We had freezing rain each of the last 3 days and nights of it here. I brought back 50 stops that Christmas Eve and ripped my center manager a new one when he began yelling about so many of us not being able finish everything that night. Never spoke to him or so much acknowledged his existence ever again.
Should have tagged his ass with 50 harassment grievances.... same thing happen here but we (drivers) didn’t really know what had truly happen until a couple weeks after Christmas was over....these managers are total d-bags and scrubs....

Waldo

It’s not just Amazon packages. I received a usps package a couple weeks ago (Monday Dec 10th) at 6:28am. It was an online order that was shipped usps priority mail. My mailman doesn’t deliver to my house until around 1:30pm. I think someone inside the post office delivers the packages early so the mailman can just deliver letters only.