Amazon pcm

FAVREFAN

Hi
Ask him why they didn't listen to drivers and charge Amazon full price 5 years ago and put them out of business
Hilarious. Most people have no idea the scope of Amazon. They could put us out of business if they so chose. Amazon is worth $365Billion, UPS is worth $93Billion. They could buy us anytime they want. But Bezos is smart. He wants death by a thousand cuts. Starting with pulling some of their volume they used to give us and delivering it themselves, like they have been doing. Then, once the regulators allow it, he'll deliver more of their volume with drones for pennies on the dollar. After that, he'll start delivering our customers packages. The light stuff.......0-15 lbs and leave us with the :censored2:. He'll push our stock price down, then go for the jugular. The are spending $5.1Billion per year on infrastructure to our $2.5Billion. We need to get our heads out of our asses really quick and realize it's not about losing their volume, it's about losing our volume to them. We have about 5 years to get our :censored2: together before it's too late and the inevitable will happen.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have had 2 Amazon Distribution centers open in our general area. They have both affected our volume. As each opened, we saw a drop and that drop lasted for several months, until Amazon growth due to faster deliveries, replaced that drop.

We went from 39-41 routes to 34-36 for 6-7 months. This summer, has been slowly creeping up again. Routes that were always cut on Monday and Tuesday are now rarely cut.

If you deliver to a PO, you will see packages left behind every day because they do not fit in the vehicles they have. That will get worse and worse. There will come a point where the PO will have to limit size.

All the carriers are growing right now. UPS is growing the slowest, that should concern us.

wayfair

swollen member
We went from 39-41 routes to 34-36 for 6-7 months. This summer, has been slowly creeping up again. Routes that were always cut on Monday and Tuesday are now rarely cut.

I'd like to see how many drivers got on the 9.5 list when all those routes were cut.

MendozaJ

UPS ordered 14 Boeing 747s. It may be a sign of positive growth, or a gross miscalculation.

No one here is applying to Amazon anytime soon.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hi

Hilarious. Most people have no idea the scope of Amazon. They could put us out of business if they so chose. Amazon is worth $365Billion, UPS is worth $93Billion. They could buy us anytime they want. But Bezos is smart. He wants death by a thousand cuts. Starting with pulling some of their volume they used to give us and delivering it themselves, like they have been doing. Then, once the regulators allow it, he'll deliver more of their volume with drones for pennies on the dollar. After that, he'll start delivering our customers packages. The light stuff.......0-15 lbs and leave us with the :censored2:. He'll push our stock price down, then go for the jugular. The are spending $5.1Billion per year on infrastructure to our $2.5Billion. We need to get our heads out of our asses really quick and realize it's not about losing their volume, it's about losing our volume to them. We have about 5 years to get our :censored2: together before it's too late and the inevitable will happen.
That's cute you don't understand the difference between fake money and real money or profit margins or business at all apparently.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
That's cute you don't understand the difference between fake money and real money or profit margins or business at all apparently.

Amazon has real debt and inflated value for its actual worth.

It's a house of cards that will eventually catch up to Bezos.

And I will tell you this, nobody in retail will be handing over their logistics to Amazon along with their customer information and data.

Amazon would use that data to steal their customer base. You think Macy's, Nordstrom, or Sephora will hand their logistics to their competition??

That isn't going to happen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And I will tell you this, nobody in retail will be handing over their logistics to Amazon along with their customer information and data.

Amazon would use that data to steal their customer base. You think Macy's, Nordstrom, or Sephora will hand their logistics to their competition??

We've let them become what they are. I stand by what I said 5-6 years ago we could of sunk that ship in a couple of quarters.

Ghost in the Darkness

Maybe Amazon could hurry up and get up to speed and deliver their own crap. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm sure I could find more ways to enjoy the holiday season than working all week and weekends too. UPS has bit off more than it can chew at our expense, thats why they got their whips out and have turned the clocks back 175 years.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
As a feeder driver I get to see how unorganized Amazon can be on a regular basis. Whether that's missed pull times because the guard said they sent people home early, cancelling weekend runs without notifying UPS or saying they need trailers ASAP when they have a bunch of empties already on their yard. People with the perception they are a well oiled machine need to relax a bit because from what I see they are like most other companies.

Personally, I can't wait for them to get a peak season going in areas they are doing their own deliveries. Right now they are in the perfect position, by that I mean they never have to take ownership of their shipping issues because they throw us, FedEx or the post office under the bus even when many of the shipping issues are caused by themselves.

Their business model is to use cheap labor at all costs. They use temps in their warehouses, outsource their yard shifters and now think they can 1099 deliveries out to people using their own cars. I'm sure the independent contractor concept can work on a small scale but how will it work for irregs, returns or people who live 60 miles from the closest warehouse?

The other thing they are is a media whore. Who really believes a drone will be delivering packages anytime soon? I still have people ask me if UPS will do it after Amazon starts with their drones. The same with 2,000 prime trailers being leased. To put that in perspective CACH has over 1,000 outbound doors at it's facility. These are all things to get people talking about Amazon.

I think UPS is fine with Amazon taking some of the low hanging fuit. UPS doesn't want to add or upgrade facilities that will only need extra capacity for peak season...that isn't good business. If Amazon strays too far I expect UPS and FedEx to put the smack down on them by raising prices substantially.

Package delivery is a very low margin business...why would Amazon want to waste billions getting into it full scale?

Last edited:

Hellobrown2000

This hits on something I've thought about. Bozos has already said that he wants to ship other companies goods. We need to be in those people's ear about a joint plan because regardless if you believe their money is fake or inflated, that's been said for 10 years and they continue to build. While as far as I can see for the past 4 years were slowing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This hits on something I've thought about. Bozos has already said that he wants to ship other companies goods. We need to be in those people's ear about a joint plan because regardless if you believe their money is fake or inflated, that's been said for 10 years and they continue to build. While as far as I can see for the past 4 years were slowing.

I can see him delivering his own stuff Uber style-----don't know if he can do that with other people's stuff.