Amazon Shifting Business Away from Fedex to UPS

feeder05

Amazon in the seattle area just built two new facilities, this goes along with the one already here…we are hireing backup feeders through the begining of the new year.

Actually this is not the first time i have had to deal with "Uppy", he was rude and a troll and you do not seem to be any different. He insinuated that i did not care about my sons health in a Thread i started about Emergency room cost. So he already pissed me off.

I'm well aware of what he said and it was out of line That said , cruising the forum just to call him :censored2: is weak. Easier to A) ignore him or B) do a little research and flame him on something more worthy of the effort.

kingOFchester

Regard;ess of who they lost, we most likely gained. A win.

The past Christmas fiasco put a black eye on Amazon. UPS was painted as more of the problem then Fedex, I think UPS actually tried a little harder to get the system clean that last week of Christmas.

Whether or not it is sure post or ground, stop density helps to lower the cost of every package. We will get the final mile in our trucks if the house is getting more then one package or if the package is bigger then what is put in our contract.

It is a win for us.

bbsam

Staff member
Doesn't it seem odd that while FedEx has refrained from disclosing the shipper, UPS has not crowed about getting the account(s)?

bbsam

Staff member
Is it possible that the analyst jumped to conclusions and the 17% that Fedex had is being split between UPS and the regionals?

oldrps

Most likely FedEx was making little or no money on these packages anyway. With Amazon saying they are going to shift volume away from the large carriers, why haul it for little or no money if there is no future of increased business. They can replace this business with customers that will pay more.