Amazon Shifting Business Away from Fedex to UPS

oldngray

nowhere special
hot_weird_funny_amazing_cool8_caption-pissing-contest_200907302215439656.jpg

kingOFchester

Doesn't it seem odd that while FedEx has refrained from disclosing the shipper, UPS has not crowed about getting the account(s)?

No, not at all. Publicly traded companies often keep their mouth shut with business such as this. You announce it and stock goes up and revenue doesn't follow, the stock could end up at a lower figure. They often hold this information so that IF revenue rises so does the stock at a more reasonable rate.

Furthermore, I speculate the small potential increase does not warrant a press release. Fedex is using the loss as an excuse. If UPS gets the business, and revenue increases then it will be billed with other business decisions as "UPS has grown X do to cost saving initiatives, newly implemented logistic plans paired with increase volume we beat earning per share by .03".

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Regard;ess of who they lost, we most likely gained. A win.

The past Christmas fiasco put a black eye on Amazon. UPS was painted as more of the problem then Fedex, I think UPS actually tried a little harder to get the system clean that last week of Christmas.

Whether or not it is sure post or ground, stop density helps to lower the cost of every package. We will get the final mile in our trucks if the house is getting more then one package or if the package is bigger then what is put in our contract.

It is a win for us.

Last peak UPS got crushed in large part because Amazon was rebuffed by FedEx when they asked for FedEx to handle extra volume. UPS took it and basically said, 'We'll see what we can do.'

In addition, much has been made on here about the crazy hiring and some expansion going on across the country by UPS, and we all know about working on Black Friday; only thing I've heard about FedEx is they are going to charge more for dimensional packages. UPS appears to be trying to do more rectify what went wrong last peak.

TUT

That begs the question then.

Is it better to no your limit and say no? Or say we'll see what we can do and try?

I'm not sure myself.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

That begs the question then.

Is it better to no your limit and say no? Or say we'll see what we can do and try?

I'm not sure myself.

First, a pet peeve: it does not "beg the question"; people misuse that phrase very much. Begging the question is more like, "makes one want to question the argument just made", rather than be a synonym for "raises the question". So, the analyst speculating that because FedEx went from a potential double digit growth quarter to -7% indicates that Amazon has switched over to UPS begs the question, for instance, why hasn't UPS come out and gloat about their coup.

As for the question you raised, well, I guess that depends on what means more to you: looking better in the public eye, or gaining the trust of the big company who the public buys from, thus putting you in a position to redeem yourself with said public?

TUT

No thanks for paragraph one, thanks for paragraph two. It's a common phrase, I can't help it gets under some peoples skin. Someone probably doesn't like "gets under your skin" I don't know what to do as a poster over here to win a noble peace prize.

So with the crap out of the way, it is interesting but by "seeing what we can do", well that didn't work, so was trust gained from the big company. Or to be clear, by "seeing what you can do" did that gain favor with Amazon even though UPS in their eyes didn't handle it? One knew only bad things would happen, the other "we'll try" but they should also know their limits.