Amazon stepvans - Will they start delivering heavier packages to take business from UPS and FedEx?

amazondriverdude

49880287101_4dfb5696f7.jpg

amazondriverdude

Dude, long time! You still plugging away for a contractor? I know you wanna brown up and get to take out routes with 265 stops 455 pieces like I did a couple days ago. ;)

Hey man. Yup, still at my DSP. How are things going for you at UPS? Honestly, if they make us drive step vans I might look elsewhere. Amazon pay is mediocre and the only reason I'm staying here is that it's very chill. Listen to audio books and deliver to 95 percent houses in a small van with mostly light packages. I'm not even getting apartments these days.

I'm just not sure I have the right personality for UPS. I'm the type of person who easily gets stressed if management starts bitching. Money would be great but I don't deal with conflict very well.

Spanky250

There's something a lot of people don't seem to understand about Amazon Delivery. They only deliver stuff that is actually sold by Amazon. 80% of the stuff on Amazon's website is sold by 3rd party vendors, and they still handle their own shipping, through us, FedEx or USPS.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
There's something a lot of people don't seem to understand about Amazon Delivery. They only deliver stuff that is actually sold by Amazon. 80% of the stuff on Amazon's website is sold by 3rd party vendors, and they still handle their own shipping, through us, FedEx or USPS.
Where did you get this info from? I mean it makes sense, I'm just curious how you found out. I used to wonder why I would have all kinds of Amazon stops and then when I arrive at the stop, there are already 2 or 3 Amazon packages there.

Spanky250

Where did you get this info from? I mean it makes sense, I'm just curious how you found out. I used to wonder why I would have all kinds of Amazon stops and then when I arrive at the stop, there are already 2 or 3 Amazon packages there.

From a friend that owns a small business and sells some stuff on Amazon.

The exception to what I said, according to him, are packages that say "fulfilled by Amazon" on them. These are products that are sold by 3rd Parties that have a contract with Amazon to store their products in Amazon warehouses.