amazon takes priority...

Est.1998

NDA savers have always been end of day at our center. Only NDA and EAMs have time commits but I didnt see anything about those in there. Regardless we've been getting our air out on time for the most part.
Once upon a time, business savers had a commit time of 3pm. I thought that was a standard at every hub.
the office sends messages asking eta for these items. My response: "end of day". I'm like, if they wanted it by a certain time, why wasn't it shipped NDA?

Overpaid Union Thug

My route had a pickup at Footlocker.
The pickup still exists but the only time they use UPS is to ship to other Footlocker stores.
The customer orders are sent via USPS.
So, everyday i show up for thier pickup, they have maybe 1 box for UPS versus the 15 being shipped with USPS.

Same here. But I was picking up so much from Footlocker and Champs I was having to “bleed” them as I was delivering (which has all but stopped as well) there or sometime between finishing deliveries/lunch and their actual pickup times. I think our little surcharge, along with those companies not working AT ALL during the first month of the pandemic, forced them to have to cut costs. We might have lost those accounts for a while.

Est.1998

Same here. But I was picking up so much from Footlocker and Champs I was having to “bleed” them as I was delivering (which has all but stopped as well) there or sometime between finishing deliveries/lunch and their actual pickup times. I think our little surcharge, along with those companies not working AT ALL during the first month of the pandemic, forced them to have to cut costs. We might have lost those accounts for a while.
I know it's wrong of me to feel this way but i don't miss handtrucking 30 huge boxes of shoes in (delivering) and out (pickups) their front door.
With the increase in heavys,
(hello fresh, mattresses, trampolines, furniture)
my body is very happy that's one less thing to move.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I don’t sweat things I can’t control. If UPS wants to run this company into the dirt, it’s their choice, nothing we can do about it.

I wish I was like you. That first sentence has always been my struggle. I feel like I am expected to help effect change in every thing I do. No one wants or needs my help, but I can'tt stop myself from giving a :censored2:...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I wish I was like you. That first sentence has always been my struggle. I feel like I am expected to help effect change in every thing I do. No one wants or needs my help, but I can'tt stop myself from giving a :censored2:...

Just gotta focus on the things within your sphere of influence, then you can expand your sphere of influence as you gain competence.

Overpaid Union Thug

I know it's wrong of me to feel this way but i don't miss handtrucking 30 huge boxes of shoes in (delivering) and out (pickups) their front door.
With the increase in heavys,
(hello fresh, mattresses, trampolines, furniture)
my body is very happy that's one less thing to move.

It’s ironic that all I had to do to get away from heavy crap was switch from the Amazon heavy resi routes to a retail/commercial route. Should have done it years ago. I bid over from what I call a “Furniture and Dog Food Route” (most are these days) to pulling mostly light boxes of shoes and other items to and from stores in a mall on a cart. My shoe stores are rear door deliveries and I can back up to within feet of a couple of them and the others don’t require to much effort.

I’m mostly in the AC in the summer and heat in the winter. The rest of the route is some dock stops and a few restaurants. It’s a typical retail route. I rarely see Amazon packages and NEVER see trampolines or Rogue Fitness equipment. However, because there are quite a few “pet” stores in the area and one, unfortunately, is on my route I do pickup dogfood but it’s actually an easy pickup. I don’t even need to use my cart at all.

I’ll take bulk stops and pickups of shoes over the normal routes any day. I just wish we’d retained Champs and Footlocker.

Est.1998

It’s ironic that all I had to do to get away from heavy crap was switch from the Amazon heavy resi routes to a retail/commercial route. Should have done it years ago. I bid over from what I call a “Furniture and Dog Food Route” (most are these days) to pulling mostly light boxes of shoes and other items to and from stores in a mall on a cart. My shoe stores are rear door deliveries and I can back up to within feet of a couple of them and the others don’t require to much effort.

I’m mostly in the AC in the summer and heat in the winter. The rest of the route is some dock stops and a few restaurants. It’s a typical retail route. I rarely see Amazon packages and NEVER see trampolines or Rogue Fitness equipment. However, because there are quite a few “pet” stores in the area and one, unfortunately, is on my route I do pickup dogfood but it’s actually an easy pickup. I don’t even need to use my cart at all.

I’ll take bulk stops and pickups of shoes over the normal routes any day. I just wish we’d retained Champs and Footlocker.
I haven't ran a route like the one you're on.
All the routes I've done are like 25% commercial and 75% residential.
Our building is split into two centers and it's the other center that has the most businesses plus the only mall in our city.
Hearing you describe your route makes me green with envy!!!

Overpaid Union Thug

I haven't ran a route like the one you're on.
All the routes I've done are like 25% commercial and 75% residential.
Our building is split into two centers and it's the other center that has the most businesses plus the only mall in our city.
Hearing you describe your route makes me green with envy!!!
Mine is 100% commercial. 85% of that is the mall. It would take at least two drivers to deliver and pickup the mall alone if FedEx didn’t undercut us and idiots didn’t work for their awful wages. Now toss in the USPS who literally loses money on each package. Bad recipe for us.

JJinVA

Once upon a time, business savers had a commit time of 3pm. I thought that was a standard at every hub.
the office sends messages asking eta for these items. My response: "end of day". I'm like, if they wanted it by a certain time, why wasn't it shipped NDA?

One that kills me is, one of the ppl that work the desk at our center LOVESSSS to tell customers who call asking to meet me on road to get their stuff, or asking me to break route to come bring them their stuff, will tell the customer he's gonna call me and give me their phone number. Expecting me to call them, and then go deliver their ground package to them as a priority because "they have stuff to do". Welcome to Earth ppl, where we all have stuff to do. I always just say "ok cool man I wrote the number down", and then go back to what I was doing. If you wanted it NDA you should have paid NDA. Ill be there shortly...

Est.1998

One that kills me is, one of the ppl that work the desk at our center LOVESSSS to tell customers who call asking to meet me on road to get their stuff, or asking me to break route to come bring them their stuff, will tell the customer he's gonna call me and give me their phone number. Expecting me to call them, and then go deliver their ground package to them as a priority because "they have stuff to do". Welcome to Earth ppl, where we all have stuff to do. I always just say "ok cool man I wrote the number down", and then go back to what I was doing. If you wanted it NDA you should have paid NDA. Ill be there shortly...
I don't call customers from my personal phone, i don't break my route to deliver ground pkgs unless it's bulky, and i definitely don't play the "can you meet the customer somewhere" game.

A customers choices are:
• wait at home until i get to your area
• same day will call
• or because of the covid Christmas keeping me out until 9pm, will call for tomorrow.

If the pkg was that important, it would've been next day air.

JJinVA

I don't call customers from my personal phone, i don't break my route to deliver ground pkgs unless it's bulky, and i definitely don't play the "can you meet the customer somewhere" game.

A customers choices are:
• wait at home until i get to your area
• same day will call
• or because of the covid Christmas keeping me out until 9pm, will call for tomorrow.

If the pkg was that important, it would've been next day air.

Ive only ever been asked to do a will call once, and the guy ended up being there at the stop and took them from me as a regular delivery so Im still not clear on what a will call is. How does that work?

Est.1998

Ive only ever been asked to do a will call once, and the guy ended up being there at the stop and took them from me as a regular delivery so Im still not clear on what a will call is. How does that work?
Customer requests a will call when they want to come to the customer counter and pick up their stuff.
When this happens, the office sends a message via diad to either sdwc or wc for a certain date.
If it's sdwc, i drop it off at the customer counter before returning to the building but cc closes at 8pm.
WC, i put in requested date and give to the clerk.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I was like you a long time ago. The company has changed from when I first started. We started caring more than the company did, from driver appearance, service, cleanliness of the trucks, micro managing, employee feedback, the list goes on.

In the last decade I’ve slowly come to realization that I can either be pissed off at the lowering of standards set by the company that I can’t control, come in, shake my head over and over, and wonder how this place continues to operate in the future.

Or I can come in, slap my board in the cradle, not say a word to anyone, deliver boxes for 9 hours and go home with a nice paycheck and let the rest of the crap roll by me not caring if this place exists tomorrow as I don’t have any control in any decisions that would lead to that.

Needless to say, I don’t mind coming to work 6 days a week to take these fools money.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Mine is 100% commercial. 85% of that is the mall. It would take at least two drivers to deliver and pickup the mall alone if FedEx didn’t undercut us and idiots didn’t work for their awful wages. Now toss in the USPS who literally loses money on each package. Bad recipe for us.
Sucks seeing what fedex, and plenty of other couriers are bringing.