Amazon to start pick up service

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Didn't see?
proxy-6.gif

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Think back to DHL .
In 2004 they spent several billion dollars to expand their operations in the USA.
They had hopes to increase their share of total U.S. market revenues to 15 percent within five to seven years.
Then in 2008 , they closed a majority of their operations due to poor performances .

Anyone care to take bets on how long Amazon lasts ?

MAKAVELI

Think back to DHL .
In 2004 they spent several billion dollars to expand their operations in the USA.
They had hopes to increase their share of total U.S. market revenues to 15 percent within five to seven years.
Then in 2008 , they closed a majority of their operations due to poor performances .

Anyone care to take bets on how long Amazon lasts ?
I think Amazon has taken a different approach than DHL. They didn't go all in at once. Started with their Amazon Fresh in a few cities. Then started expanding their distribution centers. Then started del some of their own freight in select cities. Then buying their own planes. Then buying Whole foods. And now starting to pickup and delivery in LA. They know how to get their foot in any industry and then take over. That's exactly what they are doing with logistics.

Over70irregs

Another excuse so brown can try and claim poverty. “Oh there’s all this $ we have put into infrastructure and part time raises....... have pity on us.......” come contract time.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Amazon is delivering everywhere except the core city because the streets here carry more liabilities than the drivers would be trusted to handle. Not that it will deter them for long, considering how they contract them out and pay jack-squat if one of them gets in a crash.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I think Amazon has taken a different approach than DHL. They didn't go all in at once. Started with their Amazon Fresh in a few cities. Then started expanding their distribution centers. Then started del some of their own freight in select cities. Then buying their own planes. Then buying Whole foods. And now starting to pickup and delivery in LA. They know how to get their foot in any industry and then take over. That's exactly what they are doing with logistics.
Yup. Everyone thinks management and the corporation and ie on and on is the enemy. Amazon is gonna take over the delivery industry. Sucks because I will have no pension after 30 plus yrs. Hopefully I lose SS to as icing on the cake

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yup. Everyone thinks management and the corporation and ie on and on is the enemy. Amazon is gonna take over the delivery industry. Sucks because I will have no pension after 30 plus yrs. Hopefully I lose SS to as icing on the cake
Management like high high up is a large part of the problem. Could of nipped this years ago.

542thruNthru

Also they had to deal with a recession. I'm sure that didn't help things.

Staydryitsraining

Only thing that will stop amazon is if they were to unionize or enough people stopped using them. They have proved they will burn money until they rake it in. We were told this morning at pcm that "the" competition is coming for us. I see the company loosing lots of volume and laying people off but i dont see us going out of business. If atlanta was smart they would already be planing something to the effect of future buildings housing goods. There is no way we can match whatever amazon sets their price to.