Amazon to start pick up service

babboo25

Banned
Ever heard of Zappos? Look who owns it, amazon. It’s ran as a separate entity BUT what if Amazon bought many many other retailers and ran it the same way. Cabelas, Macy’s, QVC, HSN etc. Guess who’s gonna get all that volume. Would never happen but that scares me.

babboo25

Banned
They want to take us on directly???

Come at me bro!

FU pay me.

No more discounts.

I say we partner with Alibaba and bury Amazon.
Alibaba's online sales and profits surpassed all US retailers (including Walmart, Amazon and E-bay combined) since 2015
Not true, they are ranked 6th

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So by not giving them a discount they’ll go away? Got it!
Ups and fedex could of put them out of business years ago if they wanted to. Now would that have been the best move? Probably not but they could of at least made the rules and made amazon play by them.

Instead Amazon holds the leash and gives the commands.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Eventually they'd be shut down as a monopoly.

They are already walking on thin ice as far as some regulators are concerned.
5E962A80-3424-4E2B-BD34-83622BC3AAC1.gif
F549E8C8-F834-4E86-940D-5FC2F85DD069.gif
931B4BD1-3B54-4231-84DD-0148213A982E.gif

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
The Street is sure taking the threat seriously. UPS stock has lost billions of $ of market cap this month.

The awful part is Amazon is loaded with former salaried UPS employees. A lot of management retirees.

It's definitely something UPS needs to address sooner than later.

I just hope they can stop it. RPS should of never grown the way it did from 1985 to FedEx Ground today. UPS was able to harm Airborne/DHL growth in the states but that was a different story with them being owned by the German Post Office aka Deutsche Post.

SafetyFirst

Amazon already spends billions on shipping, they're really only transitioning that money into building out their own delivery service rather than purchasing that service elsewhere.

I think it's way too late to put this cat back in the bag and anyone who isn't taking this as a super serious threat to UPS future is kidding themselves.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Amazon already spends billions on shipping, they're really only transitioning that money into building out their own delivery service rather than purchasing that service elsewhere.

I think it's way too late to put this cat back in the bag and anyone who isn't taking this as a super serious threat to UPS future is kidding themselves.
UPS certainly have employees on leave that are inside Amazon looking into their future plans.

With a marriage to FXE they'd have all the infrastructure they'd need to expand globally.

Amazon wants large metro areas. It doesn't want 3-4,000 pop. cities. It's going after the most lucrative areas. UPS can have all the Bull Semen and Junk Yard shippers.

Amazon knows every detail of UPS operations from a logistical stand point. They know the successes & failures. Not that they won't have growing pains themselves, they will. Yet, they're positioned better than any other startup delivery company in the past.

It's a definite concern. Keeps me up early in the am.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

With FXE they'd get world class delivery drivers & management. ISO 9001 Certified employees. Talking Express. Those employees overwhelming love their job as a whole. The planes, the low emission new vehicles and semi's. It just make financial 'cents'.

I don't see it happening real soon, I predict it's coming sooner than we'd like.