Amazon

Overpaid Union Thug

Amazon supposedly doesn’t make any profit from delivering their own stuff. It all comes from could services. So, makes sense that they are making cuts. It’s also why I see most of them sprinting to/from the vans and driving like maniacs. They’re being pushed pretty hard on production.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Amazon supposedly doesn’t make any profit from delivering their own stuff. It all comes from could services. So, makes sense that they are making cuts. It’s also why I see most of them sprinting to/from the vans and driving like maniacs. They’re being pushed pretty hard on production.
With some awful training from what I’ve seen of those goofs. High production demand plus a lack of training. We are OVERtrained at Brown but dammit, we are trained.

ThePackageDeli

Where my daughter is in the Dallas area they have same day delivery. Apparently you pick your time slot you want it delivered - up until 10:00 p.m. Last night we had an Amazon delivery at 9:45 and the driver was cheerful as hell. ( probably higher than a kite too).

Amazon will continue to invest $billions per year back into itself until it's network is up-to-par with UPS. Then they'll continue, surpassing UPS with same-day offerings in MANY other cities besides Dallas.

Amazon Will Put UPS Out of Business

Union vs Non-Union

UPS is union-based with union costs and pension costs.

UPS is the single largest employer in the Teamsters Union. The UPS contract is the largest collective bargaining agreement in North America.

UPS will not be able to compete with Amazon on costs. UPS is doomed.”

Those who remain skeptical are the same types of people who still think A.I. is just some science experiment.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Those who remain skeptical are the same types of people who still think A.I. is just some science experiment
Well, my robot-butler brought me french toast breakfast pills this morning, I specifically asked for eggs Benedict breakfast pills. I think we got a ways to go with the intelligence part..

Heavy Package

She's a 10 at my hub...

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fmaven-user-photos%2Fmishtalk%2Feconomics%2FzmfATcSa4EegwR7v_znq6Q%2Fpb0uCccwV0mBsWhQiq5RpQ

TTLS1

heres another interesting tidbit, amazon recently(this week) has poached a couple of employees from the airline side. they offered them a 47% pay increase over what they were making, a moving allowance, and amazon stock.

Zowert

One of the companies Amazon is dropping had a this driver that would make fun of my uniform whenever he saw me. Called me a “turd” on several occasions. I never even said a word to that fool either.

Anyway, sad to see people losing their jobs. I wonder what these companies are going to do with their fleet of delivery vehicles.

Zowert

I think a big part of it is because they don't have a regular route. They are so focused on the GPS to get to the next stop they they lose focus on driving

Absolutely. I’ve seen them make a right turn from the left hand lane on a two lane (one way) street, nearly clipping a car in the right lane. Poor guy who got cut off was nearly rear ended when he had to slam on his brakes. “GPS says turn now!? OK!”