Amazon

oldbrownguy

I have a question. Did UPS drop Amazon? I just talked to an on car sup that is pulling a route here in MA due to the volume, and he told me their center was returning pkgs to them in an attempt to dig out from this mess..

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I have a question. Did UPS drop Amazon? I just talked to an on car sup that is pulling a route here in MA due to the volume, and he told me their center was returning pkgs to them in an attempt to dig out from this mess..
I’m in MA. Lots of buildings are rolling multiple trailers daily. We are pulling all the ground Amazon packages and reloading them onto trailers. To do what with, no one has said yet. Air packages are still being serviced.

currahee

i heard but could be a rumor that new CEO is playing hard ball with Amazon. She refuses to deliver Amazon pkgs for penny on dollar and they were way ahead of their allotted pkg count. Might be false but Kudos to her if true.
i work in Feeders and go to 6 building in Ma a night and all have multple Amazon trailers unprocessed . One building had 13 Amazon trailers .

worldwide

i heard but could be a rumor that new CEO is playing hard ball with Amazon. She refuses to deliver Amazon pkgs for penny on dollar and they were way ahead of their allotted pkg count. Might be false but Kudos to her if true.
i work in Feeders and go to 6 building in Ma a night and all have multple Amazon trailers unprocessed . One building had 13 Amazon trailers .

Now is the time to raise the rates for Amazon. If they want a premium delivery experience like UPS, they need to pay for it. If their system is already bogged down and the USPS's system is bogged down, they don't have a choice. Fedex will not help them and regional carriers can't really do much for them either. Raise the rates NOW before peak season begins - correction - it's like peak season now so unless steps are taken very soon (raise rates, capacity limits, penalties for exceeding volume thresholds, etc.), November and December will be especially ugly. If there is a 2nd wave of COVID later this year, it will be an ugly situation.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Now is the time to raise the rates for Amazon. If they want a premium delivery experience like UPS, they need to pay for it. If their system is already bogged down and the USPS's system is bogged down, they don't have a choice. Fedex will not help them and regional carriers can't really do much for them either. Raise the rates NOW before peak season begins - correction - it's like peak season now so unless steps are taken very soon (raise rates, capacity limits, penalties for exceeding volume thresholds, etc.), November and December will be especially ugly. If there is a 2nd wave of COVID later this year, it will be an ugly situation.
LMFAO 😂

542thruNthru

So we are allowed to change our contract with them at any time?

Over70irregs

Good point. Not looking forward to Peak with no 9.5 pay. Body needs time to heal. Time for evasive maneuvers.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
At my building there has been days that we shelved Amazon, not sure why but days that it happens it’s amazing.

I’d heard all the same rumors in regards to the new CEO, If true....God bless her. I do know that Amazon is notorious for dropping unforcasted trailers, swamping our operation.

Over70irregs

Amazon is trying to making us look bad like those previous bad peaks. They will turn around and say we can get it done. Let us choke on our own greed. Tell sales lead chumps to brown up and rent a sprinter and dirty up that fake uniform hanging in HR.

brown metal coffin

So we are allowed to change our contract with them at any time?
At the bare minimum there should be new negotiated language if there isn't any already for constantly exceeding their volume allowance. In this new language should be a new upcharge premium and it should escalate with tiers for each time this happens with a top end at some point.

brown metal coffin

Yes, we were told in our building 2 weeks ago that Amazon and Target were being "turned off" in the northeast because of the inundation and the inability to dig out. They also went to a 5 day work week (m-friend) because drivers were exhausted and it was becoming counterproductive and needed the rest. Another thing that happened until this week was that the air was not committed; although we are now back to the 10:30 commit time the savers are still not committed. We have not restarted Saturdays (except for air) as of yet and they said that Amazon and Target will be turned back on this coming Monday. Our building is currently hiring and training a lot of drivers and there are uhauls sitting idle in the parking lot waiting to be fired back up next week. Also an agreement was made in our local to use PVD's till January 1st. All of this is above my pay grade but that's the scoop in upstate ny....