American Energy Independence VS The Biden Plan

rod

Retired 22 years
How much energy do they net? Can't be that great if without substantial government help, no one is building these. Same with solar.
They are still putting up those wind farms all over the place. Biggest waste of tax payer money ever---except for E-85-- that's even a bigger waste.

Up In Smoke

Looks like onshore wind is cheap to produce

Attachments

• PXL_20210120_003741450.jpg
    PXL_20210120_003741450.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 74

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They are still putting up those wind farms all over the place. Biggest waste of tax payer money ever---except for E-85-- that's even a bigger waste.
Let the private sector pay for it. If it makes money, good for them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You're going to see those numbers soar the next 4 years. Get used to it snowflake ❄️.

How exactly did power production become an emotional issue? I mean, there may be some people who are just absolutely opposed to alternative energy, but all my electricity is supplied by hydro, I have zero problems with that.

MAKAVELI

How exactly did power production become an emotional issue? I mean, there may be some people who are just absolutely opposed to alternative energy, but all my electricity is supplied by hydro, I have zero problems with that.
Have no clue why these wacko cuckservatives hate technology and progress.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If not for Democrats we could have been energy independent with nuclear decades ago.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If not for Democrats we could have been energy independent with nuclear decades ago.

I understand wanting to make it partisan, but I think meltdowns at nuclear power plants have influenced public opinion. I like what I've seen with the next gen nuclear, but the safety concerns in the minds of the public will be a huge hurdle. Wind and solar have their place, but their end of life cost may come as a bit of a shock to those states going that route.

PT Car Washer

I understand wanting to make it partisan, but I think meltdowns at nuclear power plants have influenced public opinion. I like what I've seen with the next gen nuclear, but the safety concerns in the minds of the public will be a huge hurdle. Wind and solar have their place, but their end of life cost may come as a bit of a shock to those states going that route.
And what do you do with the radioactive waste that is deadly for the next 20,000 years? Cost for renewable energy have came down a lot and will continue to.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Have Elon Musk launch it into space
And what do you do with the radioactive waste that is deadly for the next 20,000 years? Cost for renewable energy have came down a lot and will continue to.

The main hazard with traditional nuclear waste is that it is usually liquid sealed inside drums, which fail over time and the waste leaks out. They have come up with ways to solidify the waste through vitrification. They have already built the storage facilities for nuclear waste, vitrification can reduce the space taken up by waste, increasing storage capacity, and massively reduce risks of storage.

Storing it in a stable form makes it available for If someone comes up for a way to use it. Next Gen may be able to do that. It produces electricity at much lower temperatures than needed for traditional nuclear, which is why it could be powered by nuclear waste.

Last edited: