American Energy Independence VS The Biden Plan

PT Car Washer

The main hazards with traditional nuclear waste is that it is usually liquid sealed inside drums, which fail over time and the waste leaks out. They have come up with ways to solidify the waste through vitrification. They have already built the storage facilities for nuclear waste, vitrification can reduce the space taken up by waste, increasing storage capacity, and massively reduce risks of storage.

Storing it in a stable form makes it available for If someone comes up for a way to use it. Next Gen may be able to do that. It produces electricity at much lower temperatures than needed for traditional nuclear, which is why it could be powered by nuclear waste.
Hopefully that will be a partial solution one day. In the meantime renewable solar and wind area safer approach. That and convincing Americans that not everyone needs a McMansion and a gas guzzler just for one person to get their nails done.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hopefully that will be a partial solution one day. In the meantime renewable solar and wind area safer approach. That and convincing Americans that not everyone needs a McMansion and a gas guzzler just for one person to get their nails done.

I wasn't suggesting it was either/or. I don't remember if you mentioned, but is your state doing some sort of grid storage, or just planning to supplement with coal/oil for now?

As for people becoming more energy efficient, I have a feeling people will definitely have to learn to live more frugally in the coming years. I have been trying to make my house as energy efficient as possible, working on rain collection systems, and food production.

MAKAVELI

I wasn't suggesting it was either/or. I don't remember if you mentioned, but is your state doing some sort of grid storage, or just planning to supplement with coal/oil for now?

As for people becoming more energy efficient, I have a feeling people will definitely have to learn to live more frugally in the coming years. I have been trying to make my house as energy efficient as possible, working on rain collection systems, and food production.
Energy efficiency and water conservation are definitely key to a sustainable future.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Green legislation has more to do with economic control than anything else. Anyone who thinks people in positions of power actually care about the environment is delusional.

rickyb

capitalism is just insanity at this point. countries squabbling over resources which will put them underwater

americans are energy dependent: when oil prices go up, you pay.

if you had good public transport, you would be less dependent

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
1668268837719.png

rickyb

Out of control capitalism creating hell for us on earth.

Mit says civilization will collapse in less than 20 years. wonder why?