Americans Are Literally Being Worked To Death

browniehound

How about the flip side of this in that Americans buy more crap that they don't need, buy new cars every 5 years or so, live in bigger houses than they need, and so on and so on.

Americans would not have to work those hours if they lived a more frugal lifestyle.

Very well put hoaxster. Too many Americans have too much stuff. Just heard on the radio this evening that 40% of Massachusetts residents spend more money than they make! I find this mind-blowing. Do we really need all the junk we buy from Amazon, E-bay, Apple, etc.? Do you really need the new i phone every roll-out and the very day it comes out so that you are waiting with baited breath for the UPS driver to come with it?

Perhaps I'm a little old-fashioned and don't understand the need for the i phone and i pad, and the need to get the very new one everytime on the very first day it comes out? What's so bad about the one that is a year old? Is the new one really that much better?

I'm asking here because I'm a guy that uses a 2006 samsung phone for his cell. Yes, 2006 I got it and it does everything I need it to do, like make phone calls. I'm 39 years old and don't understand the need for all that crap on the phone. What am I missing here?

Do people know how stupid they look with their heads down and playing with their smartphone? Its like everyone has their head up their own asses. Only in America. The land of excess. At least for now.

Enjoy your smartphones ladies and gentlemen. Life is short so bury your face in that phone all day and make sure to check your facebook status every hour because you might miss something because that is important stuff. Like my friend Ann's facebook update that she was eating a hot dog at the fireman's carnival one day. Or that she was off one Saturday morning to find a pair of shoes for that night out. Really people? Does anyone really care? 'cause I don't and I don't get it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Very well put hoaxster. Too many Americans have too much stuff. Just heard on the radio this evening that 40% of Massachusetts residents spend more money than they make! I find this mind-blowing. Do we really need all the junk we buy from Amazon, E-bay, Apple, etc.? Do you really need the new i phone every roll-out and the very day it comes out so that you are waiting with baited breath for the UPS driver to come with it?

Perhaps I'm a little old-fashioned and don't understand the need for the i phone and i pad, and the need to get the very new one everytime on the very first day it comes out? What's so bad about the one that is a year old? Is the new one really that much better?

I'm asking here because I'm a guy that uses a 2006 samsung phone for his cell. Yes, 2006 I got it and it does everything I need it to do, like make phone calls. I'm 39 years old and don't understand the need for all that crap on the phone. What am I missing here?

Do people know how stupid they look with their heads down and playing with their smartphone? Its like everyone has their head up their own asses. Only in America. The land of excess. At least for now.

Enjoy your smartphones ladies and gentlemen. Life is short so bury your face in that phone all day and make sure to check your facebook status every hour because you might miss something because that is important stuff. Like my friend Ann's facebook update that she was eating a hot dog at the fireman's carnival one day. Or that she was off one Saturday morning to find a pair of shoes for that night out. Really people? Does anyone really care? 'cause I don't and I don't get it.
BUT, you knew she was eating a hot dog...(and finding shoes) Just sayin'

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
There is ... every husband has one.

I would call it "selective hearing". Hearing what you want, and shutting out the rest. Whatever is more important or is deemed more useful will most certainly be listened too. All other information gets shut out, selectivity.

over9five

Staff member
Love when I'm sitting at the laptop, and she's talking to me from the next room. I let her go on and on, then when she stops I say, "Did you say something?"

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would call it "selective hearing". Hearing what you want, and shutting out the rest. Whatever is more important or is deemed more useful will most certainly be listened too. All other information gets shut out, selectivity.

Obviously my memory is getting really bad since I can't remember anything "important or useful".

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Love when I'm sitting at the laptop, and she's talking to me from the next room. I let her go on and on, then when she stops I say, "Did you say something?"

Man, you and me are in the same world. I fell bad dismissing or never hearing 75%-80% of what my gf says, yet most of it isnt something one would want to remeber anyways.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes, be sure this coming Oct-Jan that you're checking into facebook around dinnertime during your 10-minute break, as it's snowing heavily , you are just starting your pickups and have 60 house calls left...you wouldn't want to miss all of the fun and joy your family and friends are celebrating.