An Open Letter to Brown Cafe Bullies and Flamers

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why would you not reveal what your job is?
That is my personal position as to remaining completely anonymous on the BC Public forums as to my employment at UPS. I decided that about a decade ago.
I feel this is very telling.
Do tell?
At one point you said your name yet you won't say where, or if, you work for UPS?
Never shared my name but I did share my, job title at UPS in a private conversation.

I will give you a hint: I work at UPS. My location is East of the Pacific Ocean and west of the Atlantic Ocean.

(@Red Devil, will this qualify as your requested joke?)

Integrity

Binge Poster
You act like you have all the answers.
I answer questions in discussion as directly as I can.

Please show me where I act like I have all the answers. I will definitely look into this and try to correct it if it is true.

Please forgive me if this is true.
While I respect your sobriety, I know that it’s a dangerous thing to think you know it all.
Thank you, I agree, I don’t think that I think I know it all. I hope I am not self deceived,
After all, you ain’t God. As they say.
I agree.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I answer questions in discussion as directly as I can.

Please show me where I act like I have all the answers. I will definitely look into this and try to correct it if it is true.

Please forgive me if this is true.

Thank you, I agree, I don’t think that I think I know it all. I hope I am not self deceived,

I agree.
And yet, you take it upon yourself to judge others, or in this case present them to be judged by the authorities. I don’t think Mr. Wilson would approve. Live and let live and all. I’m sure you’ve taken a fearless moral inventory of yourself. Do you continue to do so? When you’re wrong do you promptly admit it? I am not fond of bullies or idiots either, but I learned at an early age, if it doesn’t threaten my serenity, I don’t get involved. No resentments that way.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And yet, you take it upon yourself to judge others, or in this case present them to be judged by the authorities.
Are you talking about reporting TOS violations?
I don’t think Mr. Wilson would approve. Live and let live and all.
Why do you think this?
I’m sure you’ve taken a fearless moral inventory of yourself.
True.
Do you continue to do so?
Yes
When you’re wrong do you promptly admit it?
Yes
I am not fond of bullies or idiots either, but I learned at an early age, if it doesn’t threaten my serenity, I don’t get involved. No resentments that way.
I can respect that perspective.

rod

Retired 22 years
I believe personal attacks and name calling on the BC should be reported.
Personal attacks and name calling is the only thing that keeps this site interesting. Without those all it would be is “ where can I get UPS socks”? Sticks an stones …………

UnionStrong

Are you talking about reporting TOS violations?

Why do you think this?

True.

Yes

Yes

I can respect that perspective.
I don’t think it’s your place, or mine, to get involved. Unless it’s a criminal act. We are NOT the arbitrators of morality or humor, no matter how crude. After all, we are not communists. The first amendment is under enough pressure without us helping to speed up its demise. While it may feel good to turn someone in for what we perceive to be a violation of the TOS here, it’s vanity, ego. A slippery slope.
First things First.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Personal attacks and name calling is the only thing that keeps this site interesting.
I disagree. IMO personal attacks and name calling is a scourge of many quality discussions on the BC.
Without those all it would be is “ where can I get UPS socks”?
I have seen many interesting threads on the BC.
Sticks an stones …………
Names can severely hurt people, that is common knowledge in this day and age.

quad decade guy

And yet, you take it upon yourself to judge others, or in this case present them to be judged by the authorities. I don’t think Mr. Wilson would approve. Live and let live and all. I’m sure you’ve taken a fearless moral inventory of yourself. Do you continue to do so? When you’re wrong do you promptly admit it? I am not fond of bullies or idiots either, but I learned at an early age, if it doesn’t threaten my serenity, I don’t get involved. No resentments that way.
Oh my...

Hope there aren't storm clouds in your area.....

As you continue to bully him/her(I'm not sure).

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don’t think it’s your place, or mine, to get involved. Unless it’s a criminal act. We are NOT the arbitrators of morality or humor, no matter how crude. After all, we are not communists. The first amendment is under enough pressure without us helping to speed up its demise.
I suggest you review BC TOS #2 and 3.
While it may feel good to turn someone in for what we perceive to be a violation of the TOS here, it’s vanity, ego. A slippery slope.
Reporting TOS brings me zero pleasure. If it were up to me everyone would respect the BC by learning and following the reasonable TOS of the site.
First things First.
What does this even mean in this context?

rod

Retired 22 years
I disagree. IMO personal attacks and name calling is a scourge of many quality discussions on the BC.

I have seen many interesting threads on the BC.

Names can severely hurt people, that is common knowledge in this day and age.
The pusification of America continues

UnionStrong

I suggest you review BC TOS #2 and 3.

Reporting TOS brings me zero pleasure. If it were up to me everyone would respect the BC by learning and following the reasonable TOS of the site.

What does this even mean in this context?
What are you the sheriff? Worry about you. A snitch is a snitch. Period.