An Open Letter to Brown Cafe Bullies and Flamers

Integrity

Binge Poster

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Tyrant: A cruel and oppressive ruler.

An arbiter.....fair enough. Yet, he has no power. Mods do.....tyrant would be more fair here.
Sorry, I thought it was clear that I wasn't being literal. But this is the problem with trying to control others, misunderstandings.

Now, his "opinion" about what's fair or whatever may or may not sway the tyrants....
You can act in a tyrannical manner by attempting to impose your will on others using existing power structures. That's how the mask mandates work.

Personal attacking another person is bonding? Like a criminal and their victim? Well, they are forever bonded...I guess. Bizarre.

Calling people names on the internet isn't a crime, in the US. If you want to compare it to a criminal and victim scenario, you can. Some cases might even rise to the level of warranting that, which is why I'm not opposed to enforcing the TOS rule when needed. But, by and large, the behavior that is seen on BC is along the lines of hazing.

Hazing being a social ritual whereby people test each other's limits, develop mutual respect for one another, and induct others into any sort of a "club". As in the situation that prompted this thread, @542thruNthru was signalling to @Captain Qwark that he saw her as being "in the club" by making fun of her, believing should understood his intent, and not meaning to make her upset. It's a sign of respect that sometimes is misunderstood by the receiving party. And sometimes the signalling party misunderstands and takes it too far.

Some people get it, some don't. That's ok. But if you feel like an outsider, it's probably because you don't understand hazing and its role in human interaction. People who are extra sensitive, or particularly introverted, tend not to understand the ritual. I didn't understand it very well back in highschool, and almost got the crap kicked out of me because the way I reacted to it. I finally got it figured out, mostly, in boot camp. Learning to haze is a good exercise in learning to stand up for yourself in a way that won't get you shunned from the group. If you don't care about belonging, that's ok too.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Except some are not allowed the same latitude and boundaries.
Not my problem. Take it up with the tyrants.

Interesting.

Patterns.....throttled(laughable).....how many hundreds(examples) do you need?

I don't even know why you are directing this question to me. How many examples do I need for what? I'm not denying personal attacks deserving of corrective action exist, nor am I in any position to do anything about them.

oldngray

nowhere special
500.gif

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I don’t.

I don’t like when anything is about hating a fellow BCer.

Please don’t speak for me.

I don’t get it.

You can ask.

I have never revealed it publicly on the BC. I have only revealed it once in private conversation.

Ok. I won’t.

Not a fan of pranks or practical jokes.
Why would you not reveal what your job is? I feel this is very telling.
At one point you said your name yet you won't say where, or if, you work for UPS?