"and by a part time steward to boot

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
i would like to apologize to the part time stewards for that remark. while i normally dont get worked up about sensitivity, that was a bit off color.

what i meant by that was that some part time stewards have not had much union experience, some only working for ups for less than a year before being asked to serve. so the depth of knowledge for those stewards is not very deep, hence the remark.

but on the other hand, there are a lot of part time upsers, who work many more hours as stewards than the full time stewards.

then add that to the fact that our local elected a part time car washer as our business agent, one of the best moves ever made by our local.

so, pt steward, i would like to apologize for the comment, it was uncalled for, and not appropriate for the service you part time stewards give to the employees of the company. thankyou for calling it to my attention.

best

d

cwmaxxout

Accepted! Most of us work tireless for the least able, low senority of the many, plus youngest of minds. Those on the battle field such as myself would sacifice it all, it's no secret among those who fight for ever inch! Thank You!:smart:

D

Dis-organized Labor

Danny,
I think your apology shows that you have a lot of class. I wasn't sure what you were talking about, but the respondents obviously did. Cool!! As a matter of fact, I don't recall a post or reply from you that wasn't respectful and polite. Why not change your signature "d" to an I :happy-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
because i stands for idiot.

even idiots can be polite.

while i at times tries to make sense, he loses it when every issue is about and centered on him/herself. it is all about i, nothing more. everything else is a smokescreen.

and in case you are wondering, that was about as polite as i can get on this subject.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
nah, im just a grouchy old man, looking back on a life chasing things that really were not worth the effort.

fight the battles worth fighting, and dont come to a chat site where the only knowledge of ups is what you read in the corp handbooks, or what some mystery guy whispers in your ear.

the way i look at it is change. if you can make a change, its a good thing. but some people get all warm and fuzzy inside by making a huge fuss, and when everything is done, nothing changes.

I guess the way i see i is he will impact ups the same way jessee jackson has impacted the racial issue in the usa.

d