Announcement? Still waiting??

I thought today was supposed to be some grand announcement about the future of the company. Are they just confirming the worst kept secret of all time that Response is going away? Or is it something more substantial for once.
You know the old timers are getting themselves all hot and bothered about the possibility of it being the "B" word.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I thought today was supposed to be some grand announcement about the future of the company.
0CD3E2B0-A82C-44DB-ACBE-FC33D9BFFFC2.jpeg

The company’s future’s so bright you’ll have to wear shades.

Bald1der

Announcement was made at my station today, and it’s not negative. With response ending, they are going to divert more volume away from the hubs and into ramps and local sorts. I even noticed that stuff that’s a couple hundred miles away is staying local Vs coming up Memphis P2 so I assume that hopefully means more express lanes for RTD drivers.

Conversely, I am well aware that keeping freight local can mean that Ground can just deliver it, but hopefully that isn’t the case.

yadig

We’re hiring a bunch of new rtd’s. Rumor has it that express rtd’s are gonna start helping move ground packages. Has anyone else heard this?

zeev

Teamsters will not waste their time Express costs will be pushed down to Ground level and the merger will have taken place. Drivers that don’t work for Fedex. If you have any sense get your Rtd or go to ups it’s over for couriers.

bacha29

Teamsters will not waste their time Express costs will be pushed down to Ground level and the merger will have taken place. Drivers that don’t work for Fedex. If you have any sense get your Rtd or go to ups it’s over for couriers.
So they are committed to cutting costs? Fine. Now never mind all the management level job duplication as a result of "operate separately....compete collectively".

Empty Pockets

So they are committed to cutting costs? Fine. Now never mind all the management level job duplication as a result of "operate separately....compete collectively".
OLVRT recently gave two LITA runs and three others to Freight, so I doubt they will ever be run by express again. Also, before peak, they lost 51 PO2 runs from Nike. There are several NIKEs there but still average about an hour round trip so that was a huge loss for the department.

bacha29

Lol we all know Fred is still running this :censored2: bro. You really think he’s just sitting back and playing golf all day? Not a chance.
I hear he's still running the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Center and is personally teaching a course called "Strategic Misrepresentation " which focuses on how to get the largest number of people to believe your lies.....How do you think Joe Isuzu learned to be such a good liar?

bacha29

Well here we go. Cutting some of the fluff positions at the top of the food chain.

Those people are at least going to get a head start before the big run on dump trucks and backhoes. Like Matt Millan said when CBS lost the NFC contract to Fox Sports....."I'm not worried. I've got a dump truck and a backhoe. I'll always have work. "