Another 200 stop Saturday

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
E74C94C6-7D9B-452D-9975-66D6E5947019.jpeg
Miller lites? What are the guys Drinken?

I have to still be coherent at 830 then I’m switching to these

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Are these pkgs guaranteed on this day and drivers have to empty their trucks? Or is it like kinda like peak Saturdays where you just deliver what you can?

No guarantees except for air. We’ve had Saturday Ground for damn near a year now, and every week I still have people telling me they had no idea we worked Saturdays, and they weren’t expecting their crap until next week.

Heavy Package

You couldn't pay me enough to destroy my Saturday like that.

I talk to the Saturday drivers here and the LOATHE Saturdays. Misloads way off route that they are told to run, basically covering an entire loop and a half of area, which for us is about 4-6 routes, 150 or so stops spread way out and done around 7:30-8pm. Also say that you get many random pick ups such as UPS stores or Target in particular here that again are spread out because you are running such a distance. Orion is worthless on Saturdays with the 12:00 commits and distance covered.

Mondays for us are a joke. No back-up coverage on pick ups which are heavy, cut routes and spread out. Many lower seniority guys like myself are off on the side until the last minute.

Not like anyone will change anything here, but I do think both the UPS and the Union could make Sat / Sunday work with a new job classification and open up more opportunities for PT workers with better wages for driving. Just a wish I guess...

The biggest issue that I see is the need to protect and run routes for FT drivers on Mondays. Right now the volume isn't there for Saturdays to run well or Mondays either.

Staydryitsraining

T-s was supposed to start here this week........ lol just found out friday its been postponed till May. New $70 + million building is supposed to open around August. To say this year is going to be a :censored2: show is an understatement.

Browndoesntfrown

Saturdays here are max 25 stops and most of us are done in about 3-4 hours. No ground allowed to be delivered here that I know of and if that’s the case our pay rate is bumped to Top Rate...didn’t know that some centers deliver ground on Saturdays let alone have more than 30 stops...and I thought I was in a decently big city lol...I’m a :censored2:

PT Car Washer

Saturdays here are max 25 stops and most of us are done in about 3-4 hours. No ground allowed to be delivered here that I know of and if that’s the case our pay rate is bumped to Top Rate...didn’t know that some centers deliver ground on Saturdays let alone have more than 30 stops...and I thought I was in a decently big city lol...I’m a :censored2:
Sounds like our Saturday Air that I worked for 25 years. Also had 1 sometimes 2 pick up drivers after delivering air. 9 hour easy payday with minimal management interference. That all changed when Saturday Ground started. Preload management and driver management each trying to run the show with the drivers in the middle. Happy I don't need the extra money anymore.