Another call for a National Sick Day

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Come on, people. Today's announcement should have been at least a hint to you that upper management is both clueless and utterly arrogant when it come to us lowly hourlies. Since Fearless Leader has us by the nuts in terms of organizing, we absolutely need to start behaving badly.

Not showing-up for work en masse would be an excellent start. There isn't going to be a union, so the only way to "bargain" with Smith is to eff-up his operations so he can't make any money. In case you haven't noticed lately, this is what the pilots are doing, and it's been very effective. Yes, they have a union, but if there isn't anyone to fly the plane, there is no freight. And even if there is freight, Cheap Bastard needs us to deliver it for him.

Time to eff with Fred. Spread the word, see what kind of buy-in there is, and then we organize a day and execute the plan.

FedGT

Let us contractors know what day so that we can hire a few more "scab" employees for the extra volume that they relabel and send to our terminal. I could go for a little express money in my business portfolio.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let us contractors know what day so that we can hire a few more "scab" employees for the extra volume that they relabel and send to our terminal. I could go for a little express money in my business portfolio.

Sure. Anything for an honest, independent businessman like you.

vantexan

When UPS went on strike those guys already made decent money for the time and probably had cash in the bank to get by on, not to mention a union check too. But many midrange Express employees get by paycheck to paycheck, and can't afford to take the risk. That's the reality for too many of us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When UPS went on strike those guys already made decent money for the time and probably had cash in the bank to get by on, not to mention a union check too.

You would think so but you would be amazed how many of us live paycheck to paycheck. BTW, the "union check" that you spoke of was a whopping $55.

That's the reality for too many of us.

It is also the reality for many of us.

Goldilocks

I used up 5 sick days, 2 personal and 2 floaters. Tomorrow is my last day. After 30 years and the way this company is heading I decided to call it quits. I will stay on this site and help spread the word about FedEx.

STFXG

Another one...
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1439484543.082580.jpg

vantexan

When UPS went on strike those guys already made decent money for the time and probably had cash in the bank to get by on, not to mention a union check too.

You would think so but you would be amazed how many of us live paycheck to paycheck. BTW, the "union check" that you spoke of was a whopping $55.

That's the reality for too many of us.

It is also the reality for many of us.
They were making much more in '97, and the money was worth more, than what I'm making now. I can't risk it and now that they've finally come up with a better pay plan most newer couriers probably won't either.

l22

Crap like this is not needed here.

FedGT

Crap like this is not needed here.

Give me a break, we get nothing but you guys jawing at us hoping we actually lose everything we invest constantly. But we make a JOKE about a raise given to you guys (which I agree sounds piss poor and a messed up "raise" but still no actual ill will toward you) and you get all bent out of shape about it.
At least it is a raise you are upset about, we still don't hope you lose your jobs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I used up 5 sick days, 2 personal and 2 floaters. Tomorrow is my last day. After 30 years and the way this company is heading I decided to call it quits. I will stay on this site and help spread the word about FedEx.

Start spilling the beans Goldi. As soon as you're out the door, they've got no more leverage. Congratulations on your escape from Devil's Island!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Best of luck to you and yours Goldi and glad you'll be staying in touch.. There's a better life for you out there and we look forward to hearing about it. Congrats!