Another Closed Thread

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Speaking of turtle's. A friend of mine who works preload, and I, used to joke about having to go to the bathroom really bad. We'd say; Does the word "turtle", mean anything to ya? :wink2:

Nimnim

The Nim
Speaking of turtle's. A friend of mine who works preload, and I, used to joke about having to go to the bathroom really bad. We'd say; Does the word "turtle", mean anything to ya? :wink2:

Please don't degrade Klein and Tieguy by making this thread now about toilet humor. We could have a moment of consternation. :wink2:

Blizzard

This is one of the few posts that I will make in the role of a Moderator. I can only speak for myself as there aren't many rules for Moderators other than react to complaints from other members of BC and keep an eye out as you peruse the site in your normal manner.

I am always willing to explain my thoughts and my actions and so here it goes:

If a moderator throws himself into a discussion are we expected to take it and not respond in fear of getting banned?
I never throw myself into a discussion except as another member. If you attack me, I will probably make one reply and then "I'm out of there". I never have taken any action against another poster just because they attack me. If however, they challenge me and bring the fact that I am a Moderator and mix the two together as if the two elements are the same ... there is a good chance they will incur the "Wrath of Cheryl".

It does look like some of you guys who are in that job like to throw yourself into the debate. Is it a one sided debate at that point?
Similar to the first question; as is the answer. I as a Moderator have not and will not get into a discussion as a Moderator ... only as another member posting. If I do get into the Discussion as a Moderator it will be by altering or deleting the posts/thread and all communication will be via PM's. I will notify other Mods and Cheryl of the actions taken (if serious) via a Mod Forum (same one you use to report posts that violate the TOS - Triangle (Report Post) at the bottom).

Where do you draw the line? I think this has been answered above.

Looks like the comment he made was pretty lame with smiley face attached? It was pretty lame and the post had nothing to do with his infraction - the infraction was because of cumulative attacks against the way that Cheryl runs the site, against the way the Moderators moderate the site and one final straw that pushed Cheryl over the line - His signature which said "Who moderates the out of control moderator?" The way that anything is reported is by tagging the post and the reported signature was at the bottom of that reported post ... therefore, the confusion that the post was the reason for the "Infraction" against tieguy.

I also support Cheryl in the actions she has taken against tieguy since in the past few weeks he has tried to assume control of Brown Cafe by criticizing Cheryl and the Moderators and essentially trying to bully Cheryl in running the site based on his views and what he thinks should be allowed to be posted on the site. He normally does that through the use of the Report Post "triangle" that appears at the bottom of each post. I assume because Cheryl and the Mods were not reacting to his reports and demands that we y dictated, he decided to take it public - not good judgment on his part.

Now you have both sides of the story and can make your own mind up.

You say you normally back out. In this case you went nose to nose with him.when that happens why does tie end up getting banged for it?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You say you normally back out. In this case you went nose to nose with him.when that happens why does tie end up getting banged for it?

Blizzard,
Did you read what I posted?

He was put in moderation by Cheryl because of his "signature" "Who moderates the out of control moderator?" , not because of him and I going back and forth in posts.

Furthermore, as also explained, Cheryl put him in moderation because of multiple and cumulative attacks on Cheryl and the Mods.

I do go back and forth with some people ( I said normally, not never) but I usually cut it off at some point.
The nature of posting on a site like Brown Cafe is that no one ever wins - you make your point and move on. At least that is my philosophy.

I think this is the last time I will reply on this as my point has been made - If you read what I posted as an explanation, it is explained as best I can. You can take it for what it is worth.

Blizzard

Yea I read what ya said. I also read the moderation notice he sent me. It had comments in the message that called him a cyber bully. Looks like there was plenty of room to put the real reason? Back to my original question.if you go toe to toe with me do I get banned?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yea I read what ya said. I also read the moderation notice he sent me. It had comments in the message that called him a cyber bully. Looks like there was plenty of room to put the real reason? Back to my original question.if you go toe to toe with me do I get banned?

Ok that's a new angle.
All I can say is that I will not ban you or put you in the Moderation Queue (as Cheryl did with tieguy).
I did not have anything to do with tieguy going into the Mod Queue either.
I seriously doubt that you and I will ever go head to head as I am just not interested in it.
I think I can speak for Cheryl and the other Mods that as long as you (and I) argue the points of the argument and not get in to personal attacks against one another we will both be left alone.
Got a topic in mind that we could possible go toe-to-toe on? I'll give it a shot.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
wwhy do keep blaming Cheryl.seems like you could have told her that you fight your own fights?

Geez Bliz ... that's the friggin point ... I did not have a fight with Tieguy.

I've always ignored him when he starts mixing my posts with the fact that I am a Moderator.

I told Tieguy time and time again that he needed to divorce my posts and exchanges with him from the fact that I have moderation responsibilities.
Now you seem to be having the same issues. What is so hard to to be able accept the fact that a member can post on this site without performing Moderation duties?
I have friends who are policemen/deputies and I engage in conversations with them without assuming they are going to arrest me.
I have 2 friends that are IRS agents and I have a "Fair Tax - No IRS" bumper sticker on my vehicle. I talk to them and have a good time with them without thinking they are IRS Agents.

Blizzard

All I'm sayin is I saw his post. He didn't attack Cheryl or anybody else . He attacked you.he got your goat.suddenly he gets banned. If you are rolling up your sleeves n duking it out with him then do so.don't let no one else jump in and fight your fight for you.it ain't right what you did

Catatonic

Nine Lives
All I'm sayin is I saw his post. He didn't attack Cheryl or anybody else . He attacked you.he got your goat.suddenly he gets banned. If you are rolling up your sleeves n duking it out with him then do so.don't let no one else jump in and fight your fight for you.it ain't right what you did

Ok ... now I get it.
You are testing me out and see if you can get me riled up and take actions against you.

I've read some of your other posts and you are not stupid. You get the point and you are just trying to get me to argue with you. Clever.

I will use this as an example ... we are not exchanging ideas any longer. So it is at this point that I say, "I'm out of here".

This was a good try and hopefully you got your answer ... went toe-to-toe with me and you are scratch-free. No Moding taking place here. :peaceful:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
??? I'm not getting this whole charade. What's YOUR point? Member "A" was put in moderation limbo. Why do you even care? It's not like you're pushing the envelope or crossing the line, is it? Moderator's are member's too, are they not? What does this have to do with closed threads? Why not start another thread and carry this conversation over there. From the looks of things, you'd probably get a lot of feedback, or not. Whatever the case, this thread was about mistakenly locked threads, and no one will be able to see your defense of this member, just by reading the title of THIS thread.

Blizzard

Ok ... now I get it.
You are testing me out and see if you can get me riled up and take actions against you.

I've read some of your other posts and you are not stupid. You get the point and you are just trying to get me to argue with you. Clever.

I will use this as an example ... we are not exchanging ideas any longer. So it is at this point that I say, "I'm out of here".

This was a good try and hopefully you got your answer ... went toe-to-toe with me and you are scratch-free. No Moding taking place here. :peaceful:

I made my POINT. Fight your own fights if you must.
ANYTHING ELSE STINKS LIKE THE SEWERS
LOOK HOAXSTER SOMEONE JUMPING IN TO SAVE YOU. HAPPENS A LOT HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Ok ... now I get it.

This was a good try and hopefully you got your answer ... went toe-to-toe with me and you are scratch-free. No Moding taking place here. :peaceful:[/QUOTE

I made my POINT. Fight your own fights if you must.
ANYTHING ELSE STINKS LIKE THE SEWERS
LOOK HOXSTER SOMEONE JUMPING IN TO SAVE YOU.HAPPENS A LOT HERE
I'm actually jumping in to save YOU. I'm just surprised that you didn't use blue letters.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Blizzard, would you prefer that moderators not participate in discussions other than to ensure that there are no TOS violations? Can you imagine just how boring that would be for them (and for us)? Each of the mod's has a different perspective to offer to the discussion and I think the forum as a whole would suffer if they were only allowed to observe and not participate and I think Cheryl would be advertising for new moderators on a regular basis.

Tie loved to push the envelope and this time he pushed just a bit too far. I respect most of what he has to say but have noticed that he tends to fixate on certain topics and beat them to death (Klein?).

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Blizzard,
I think that is the single thing that frustrates tieguy more than anything else ... he has never got my goat. His attempts are amusing though.