Another Closed Thread

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If you care to STUG, go back and read my posts, I never defended klein in any way ... being tolerant of others views is not supporting or defending.
His drinking a beer while he was on the clock finishing out his lunch break was really poor judgment ... really poor. I think if someone actually engaged klein in a logical non-confrontational discussion, he would admit that (unless he has been drinking :wink2:).
You are plenty capable of rationally looking at things and making your own judgments ... don't let other's lies and distortions (including mine) keep you from doing so. :peaceful:
I'm not insinuating that you defended Klein or not. I was just letting you know that what ever may be "abnormal" to you, may be someone else's normal. If you knew me, other than the friendly STUG on this beautiful Brown Cafe, you'd find me to be quite "abnormal".

PS, BuddyBrown and a bunch of other new screennames, seem to post in a very familiar way, Just Sayin.....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm not insinuating that you defended Klein or not. I was just letting you know that what ever may be "abnormal" to you, may be someone else's normal. If you knew me, other than the friendly STUG on this beautiful Brown Cafe, you'd find me to be quite "abnormal".

Peace Bro ... that's sounds good because I actually do enjoying being around people with different viewpoints. i spend a lot of time around musicians and artists and many of them are really different from me with a totally different set of life experiences and expectations.

As an example, one Christmas dinner, we had Christians - Baptists, Presbyterian, Catholic and Mormon, a Coptic, a Jew, a Buddhist, and the obligatory Atheist. It was a throughly enjoyable afternoon.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Peace Bro ... that's sounds good because I actually do enjoying being around people with different viewpoints. i spend a lot of time around musicians and artists and many of them are really different from me with a totally different set of life experiences and expectations.
LOL, I like how you traded abnormal for different. Mrs. Gump, your boy is, different, LOL.

I'd probably dig what you had to say, as well. I've become quite the listener these past few years, and "try" not to pay attention to someone's outward appearance.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Also STUG (and anyone else it applies to),
I don't begrudge anyone's frustration and disgust with klein.
I never engaged in arguments or discussions with him and only read the Cuba thread in the last couple days - a bit disturbing rather than interesting.

I still recommend ignoring people one disagrees with or just does not like rather than getting into a flaming competition. It simply does no good.
I started skimming over klein's posts months ago and never had any reason to read his posts since no one ever reported his posts to the Mods.
I have still yet to read a post of his that violated the TOS.

Buddybrown

PS, BuddyBrown and a bunch of other new screennames, seem to post in a very familiar way, Just Sayin.....

If you looked at a previous post of mine I said I have been looking at the browncafe for quite some time. I recently decided to register so I could say a few things as my life situation has changed somewhat and allows me a little more time. I believe the reason that I sound familiar to you in some way is because I know you better than you know me (scary) because of reading the forums for a while. I don't know about the other newbies but that's my story. Cheers, Buddy

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you looked at a previous post of mine I said I have been looking at the browncafe for quite some time. I recently decided to register so I could say a few things as my life situation has changed somewhat and allows me a little more time. I believe the reason that I sound familiar to you in some way is because I know you better than you know me (scary) because of reading the forums for a while. I don't know about the other newbies but that's my story. Cheers, Buddy

Welcome to Brown Cafe Buddy.
If you have been looking for a while then you already know we are one big family.
Have fun and look forward to your future posts.

Re-Raise

Say what?

Stug my investigating skills lead me to believe you are correct.

Buddybrown says he registered "to say a few things"

So he perused the forums for so long and decided he would take the leap and register so he could comment on Klien?

No UPS questions or reference to his job at UPS?

Buddybrown

Say what?

Stug my investigating skills lead me to believe you are correct.

Buddybrown says he registered "to say a few things"

So he perused the forums for so long and decided he would take the leap and register so he could comment on Klien?

No UPS questions or reference to his job at UPS?

Hey RR I take what ever conspiracy dope your smoking and raise you some reality. When I first registered I made a few posts in the current events forum, then I was gone for about a week and this other thread erupted and was crazy in my absence and I decided to comment. You will have to do better than that but I appreciate your efforts! Oh, I might just say more than a few things if that's ok with you. :)

Re-Raise

Hey RR I take what ever conspiracy dope your smoking and raise you some reality. When I first registered I made a few posts in the current events forum, then I was gone for about a week and this other thread erupted and was crazy in my absence and I decided to comment. You will have to do better than that but I appreciate your efforts! Oh, I might just say more than a few things if that's ok with you. :)

There are a lot of people who change their screen name and reappear on this site.

Usually new people register when they have specific questions regarding their individual situation at UPS.

They also give details about their positions at UPS, which you haven't done.

I am entitled to my opinion, and it is your story so you can tell it any way you want, I am really not that concerned.

The investigater reference was a joke to STUG from another thread.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

As an example, one Christmas dinner, we had Christians - Baptists, Presbyterian, Catholic and Mormon, a Coptic, a Jew, a Buddhist, and the obligatory Atheist. It was a throughly enjoyable afternoon.

Which one is right? They all believe they are 100% correct in their beliefs? Only one, at most, can be? Must have been an interesting argument.

Re-Raise

Which one is right? They all believe they are 100% correct in their beliefs? Only one, at most, can be? Must have been an interesting argument.

Maybe they were unable to speak with their mouths full.

I do understand what Hoax is saying however.

I read a quote from Larry King the other day which said something along the lines of " I have never learned anything when I was doing the talking"

Catatonic

Nine Lives

There were no arguments ... we simply enjoyed the food and each other's company. Religious exclusions were not discussed ... there was an atmosphere of inclusiveness ... in the spirit of the teachings of Jesus.

At least those are my recollections ... I do know for sure the house did not burn down.

Blizzard

If you care to STUG, go back and read my posts, I never defended klein in any way ... being tolerant of others views is not supporting or defending.
His drinking a beer while he was on the clock finishing out his lunch break was really poor judgment ... really poor. I think if someone actually engaged klein in a logical non-confrontational discussion, he would admit that (unless he has been drinking :wink2:).
You are plenty capable of rationally looking at things and making your own judgments ... don't let other's lies and distortions (including mine) keep you from doing so. :peaceful:

I got a private message from Tieguy. You guys banned him for kidding you about learning from Klein?

Nimnim

The Nim
I got a private message from Tieguy. You guys banned him for kidding you about learning from Klein?

Huh, it did seem a bit quiet for the past couple days. Now that I look I do see an infraction on his last post in this thread. Expires in 8 more days.

Personally I didn't see that post as bad, certainly not a 10 day ban bad. I'm rooting for you on this one Tieguy.

Nimnim

The Nim
No, Tieguy is not banned.

So what does this mean if not a ban?

User Infraction
Active Infraction (Points: 1)
disRespecting a moderator
Left By
cheryl
10:04 PM 09-15-2010
Expires
10:04 PM 09-25-2010

The expiration makes it seem like a ban at the very least.

Edit so as to not make a new post.

And No, Tieguy was not infracted due to what you read in his reply.

Fair enough.