Another customer you want to strangle story

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Ipopsheep, Sep 10, 2019.

1. OKLABob

OKLABob Active Member

Just turn around and walk away dude. It’s that easy I don’t talk to customers period unless they ask me a question.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Last stop of the day.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

Or find out when she's not there on a daily basis.

4. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

My sup would freak out if we were wasting 5 min at a stop for them to inspect the packages. Once she opens them you can’t take them back. Complete the stop as soon as you put them down. Also tell your management team she has you doing this. Maybe they’ll black list her and she’ll have to pick them up at the ups store.

5. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

‘Refused’ right away.

Or, explain our policy.

And then, ‘Refused’, see you next week.

You’re just the messenger.

Some Consignees need training...

6. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

Once they open the package it's their responsibility as @BigUnionGuy says, if they want to refuse them on visual inspection that's on them. Tell them to call and complain if they want but its company policy and your doing your job.

7. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Had a lady run after me after I dropped 14 PB boxes in her garage...

After running air, I had to get rid of these boxes choking up my truck, so I broke trace.

She’s running after me, I stop, turn off the truck:

‘But, they said you were going to set everything up...’

?

‘No, ma’am, you were told wrong.’ Etc.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  8. TheBrownNote

TheBrownNote Good thing I wore my brown pants

i am a complete jerk to my customers on this front.

i always says, "you may only inspect it after you accept it. or you can refuse it. period." then i explain to them that people are liars and "what if you only need one thing, you open the box, take it, then claim damages or missing parts. it happens all the time"

the look on their faces when they realize i just called them dishonost and a liar is all the info i need that they will never pull that stuff again.

9. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

I delivered to a lady today who I know is an online shopaholic. She usually gets 10+ a day from amazon/qvc/target...today she had a 145 treadmill or whatever workout machine and had her front door open when I got there. I carted it to the door and set it down and she said "I am disabled you have to put it in here"...she tells me she is disabled as she is walking to the door! Knowing she is not disabled and just wanted me to be her personal furniture deliverer, I just said "can't enter anyone's residence, have a good day" and walked away. She yelled something as I was walking away, but I just ignored her.

All these people order their over sized and over weight crap and expect us to waste time bringing it where ever they want it. Sorry, ain't gonna happen! Your order it, you deal with it, if you want it further than the front door then you better go to a furniture store and pay for that service.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

If she wants to give you a hard time just tell her ok I'll refuse them for you and start to walk away. Usually solves the bs bs quickly.

11. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

My boy had treadmill. He propped it against the door and the center messaged him to go back and move it so they can enter the house. He never did. Don’t order iregs if you can’t move them when we deliver them.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

I would have WAD and requested union assistance to help move it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I delivered to a woman today that asked me to carry it to her apartment. No probs, had she buzzed me in, I would have done that. She opens the door, I take 2 steps and start gagging. I had all that I could do to keep from puking. Smelled like fresh crap, lots and lots of it. I gagged all the way back to my wagon, it was so horribly gross.

14. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Was the box you delivered one of them poop boxes? Maybe she was practicing?

On demand tomorrow. 1200 commit

15. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Adult diapers.

16. Bob11B

Bob11B Active Member

Does it drive anyone else nuts with locker/amazon boxes? I’ll have 30+ packages to put in some of these and people will try and cut ahead of me in the middle of putting stuff in there or ask if they can get their stuff real quick as I’m using it. I just find this really rude...even when they are standing over my shoulder. Thoughts ?

17. Wrong

Wrong :))

I always just go along with whatever the customer wants. I’m a service provider and the face of UPS, if a woman wants me to stand there while she bitches about something “I’m”(ups) is doing wrong I’ll hear her out with a professional concerned look on my face. I have all the time in the world for my customers. If a box is damaged it’s missed as well, shouldn’t of been loaded on a truck.

Also don’t future packages for one day.

18. no_map_needed

no_map_needed Knowledge is key, Experience is power.

Hasn't happened yet but when that customer complains their dog is starving because they didn't get the 50lb bag of food earlier....

19. Bob11B

Bob11B Active Member

Hahaha happened yesterday...we are backed up from the hurricane and the lady told me her dogs eat special food and if doesn’t get it by the weekend then the dogs are going to have to eat cat food.

20. Whither

Whither Scofflaw

Ugh, getting the lockers to successfully read barcodes can be frustrating enough.