Another customer you want to strangle story

allahuakbar

She/Her
My sup would freak out if we were wasting 5 min at a stop for them to inspect the packages. Once she opens them you can’t take them back. Complete the stop as soon as you put them down. Also tell your management team she has you doing this. Maybe they’ll black list her and she’ll have to pick them up at the ups store.

BrownArmy

‘Refused’ right away.

Or, explain our policy.

And then, ‘Refused’, see you next week.

You’re just the messenger.

Some Consignees need training...

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Once they open the package it's their responsibility as @BigUnionGuy says, if they want to refuse them on visual inspection that's on them. Tell them to call and complain if they want but its company policy and your doing your job.

BrownArmy

Had a lady run after me after I dropped 14 PB boxes in her garage...

After running air, I had to get rid of these boxes choking up my truck, so I broke trace.

She’s running after me, I stop, turn off the truck:

‘But, they said you were going to set everything up...’

?

‘No, ma’am, you were told wrong.’ Etc.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
i am a complete jerk to my customers on this front.

i always says, "you may only inspect it after you accept it. or you can refuse it. period." then i explain to them that people are liars and "what if you only need one thing, you open the box, take it, then claim damages or missing parts. it happens all the time"

the look on their faces when they realize i just called them dishonost and a liar is all the info i need that they will never pull that stuff again.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Had a lady run after me after I dropped 14 PB boxes in her garage...

After running air, I had to get rid of these boxes choking up my truck, so I broke trace.

She’s running after me, I stop, turn off the truck:

‘But, they said you were going to set everything up...’

?

‘No, ma’am, you were told wrong.’ Etc.
I delivered to a lady today who I know is an online shopaholic. She usually gets 10+ a day from amazon/qvc/target...today she had a 145 treadmill or whatever workout machine and had her front door open when I got there. I carted it to the door and set it down and she said "I am disabled you have to put it in here"...she tells me she is disabled as she is walking to the door! Knowing she is not disabled and just wanted me to be her personal furniture deliverer, I just said "can't enter anyone's residence, have a good day" and walked away. She yelled something as I was walking away, but I just ignored her.

All these people order their over sized and over weight crap and expect us to waste time bringing it where ever they want it. Sorry, ain't gonna happen! Your order it, you deal with it, if you want it further than the front door then you better go to a furniture store and pay for that service.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
If she wants to give you a hard time just tell her ok I'll refuse them for you and start to walk away. Usually solves the bs bs quickly.

allahuakbar

She/Her
I delivered to a lady today who I know is an online shopaholic. She usually gets 10+ a day from amazon/qvc/target...today she had a 145 treadmill or whatever workout machine and had her front door open when I got there. I carted it to the door and set it down and she said "I am disabled you have to put it in here"...she tells me she is disabled as she is walking to the door! Knowing she is not disabled and just wanted me to be her personal furniture deliverer, I just said "can't enter anyone's residence, have a good day" and walked away. She yelled something as I was walking away, but I just ignored her.

All these people order their over sized and over weight crap and expect us to waste time bringing it where ever they want it. Sorry, ain't gonna happen! Your order it, you deal with it, if you want it further than the front door then you better go to a furniture store and pay for that service.
My boy had treadmill. He propped it against the door and the center messaged him to go back and move it so they can enter the house. He never did. Don’t order iregs if you can’t move them when we deliver them.

barnyard

KTM rider
I delivered to a woman today that asked me to carry it to her apartment. No probs, had she buzzed me in, I would have done that. She opens the door, I take 2 steps and start gagging. I had all that I could do to keep from puking. Smelled like fresh crap, lots and lots of it. I gagged all the way back to my wagon, it was so horribly gross.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I delivered to a woman today that asked me to carry it to her apartment. No probs, had she buzzed me in, I would have done that. She opens the door, I take 2 steps and start gagging. I had all that I could do to keep from puking. Smelled like fresh crap, lots and lots of it. I gagged all the way back to my wagon, it was so horribly gross.
Was the box you delivered one of them poop boxes? Maybe she was practicing?

On demand tomorrow. 1200 commit

Bob11B

Does it drive anyone else nuts with locker/amazon boxes? I’ll have 30+ packages to put in some of these and people will try and cut ahead of me in the middle of putting stuff in there or ask if they can get their stuff real quick as I’m using it. I just find this really rude...even when they are standing over my shoulder. Thoughts ?

El Correcto

god is dead
I always just go along with whatever the customer wants. I’m a service provider and the face of UPS, if a woman wants me to stand there while she bitches about something “I’m”(ups) is doing wrong I’ll hear her out with a professional concerned look on my face. I have all the time in the world for my customers. If a box is damaged it’s missed as well, shouldn’t of been loaded on a truck.

Also don’t future packages for one day.

Bob11B

Hasn't happened yet but when that customer complains their dog is starving because they didn't get the 50lb bag of food earlier....
Hahaha happened yesterday...we are backed up from the hurricane and the lady told me her dogs eat special food and if doesn’t get it by the weekend then the dogs are going to have to eat cat food.

Whither

Scofflaw
Does it drive anyone else nuts with locker/amazon boxes? I’ll have 30+ packages to put in some of these and people will try and cut ahead of me in the middle of putting stuff in there or ask if they can get their stuff real quick as I’m using it. I just find this really rude...even when they are standing over my shoulder. Thoughts ?

Ugh, getting the lockers to successfully read barcodes can be frustrating enough.