Another customer you want to strangle story

FromOffTheStreets

If a customer is friendly and considerate I will go out of my way for them.
If a customer is inconsiderate or beesnatchy I will not.
Its pretty simple.
I generally find it's the "bigger" women in their 20's or 30's that treat you as a little delivery boy

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Friday I was driving down a narrow road with kids playing in the street. The parents were sitting in lawn chairs watching. I was going slow, making sure the kids got out of the way and everyone was safe. That, apparently, was not good enough for the mom (likely the offspring of two siblings), who started frantically waving her arm with the universal "slow down" gesture and started yelling at me. Then one of her slack-jawed spawn started blowing a whistle, also telling me to slow down.

The street is not your personal playground, people. At least have the consideration to recognize when someone is clearly being extra cautious while your cross-eyed, imbecile kids take their time getting out of the way.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Hope your day is da bomb
Screenshot_20190527-205141_Chrome.jpg

Ouch

over9five

Staff member
"Boss! I tried to tell you it was running hot! You told me to get in my truck and run my route!"
Lol, we had one a driver wrote up "Smells like somethings burning". The mechanic signed off "OK to drive". The next day it burned to the ground on the highway!

No dis to the mechanic, he didnt find anything.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Lol, we had one a driver wrote up "Smells like somethings burning". The mechanic signed off "OK to drive". The next day it burned to the ground on the highway!

No dis to the mechanic, he didnt find anything.
That's why they never sign "ok to drive" here.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Friday I was driving down a narrow road with kids playing in the street. The parents were sitting in lawn chairs watching. I was going slow, making sure the kids got out of the way and everyone was safe. That, apparently, was not good enough for the mom (likely the offspring of two siblings), who started frantically waving her arm with the universal "slow down" gesture and started yelling at me. Then one of her slack-jawed spawn started blowing a whistle, also telling me to slow down.

The street is not your personal playground, people. At least have the consideration to recognize when someone is clearly being extra cautious while your cross-eyed, imbecile kids take their time getting out of the way.
I start driving faster at that point.

Utility81

I delivered to a lady today who I know is an online shopaholic. She usually gets 10+ a day from amazon/qvc/target...today she had a 145 treadmill or whatever workout machine and had her front door open when I got there. I carted it to the door and set it down and she said "I am disabled you have to put it in here"...she tells me she is disabled as she is walking to the door! Knowing she is not disabled and just wanted me to be her personal furniture deliverer, I just said "can't enter anyone's residence, have a good day" and walked away. She yelled something as I was walking away, but I just ignored her.

All these people order their over sized and over weight crap and expect us to waste time bringing it where ever they want it. Sorry, ain't gonna happen! Your order it, you deal with it, if you want it further than the front door then you better go to a furniture store and pay for that service.
Calloused hand service here ma’am. NOT white glove.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Had a long paved driveway with a Beware of Dog Sign at the end. I pull up with a little Amazon box. I cautiously look around and get about 10 feet from the truck when a German Shepherd materializes out of nowhere.

I stop dead in my tracks and politely place the box at the end of the driveway. "REL" DOG under comments.

I suddenly hear a voice calling out "are you going to just leave it there?" "yes ma'am. it's safer for both myself and your dog." "he won't bother you, he just barks and growls a lot." "I don't know him and he doesn't know me and I'm just trying to be safe."

Women continues to yell something while gesticulating from her front porch as I drive off.

He won't hurt me. Has a Beware of Dog sign. Owns a German Shepherd.
Sometimes I wonder....

Dumbperson

I love the finger point where to put crap..

I can guarantee that your :censored2: wont end up in the spot you pointed to.
I had a lady chase me down last peak to yell at me that, "how dumb are you, everything goes to the back door." Now, im an :censored2: there is no doubt about that, but if someone has a note on their door i will honor it unless its a safety hazard to go back there. She didnt have a note on her door, no diad prompt etc.. Before she was done telling me what an idiot i was for not just knowing that everything goes to the back, I texted her normal guy what was happening and to always deliver front door. He does to this day. he sends me pics.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I had a lady chase me down last peak to yell at me that, "how dumb are you, everything goes to the back door." Now, im an :censored2: there is no doubt about that, but if someone has a note on their door i will honor it unless its a safety hazard to go back there. She didnt have a note on her door, no diad prompt etc.. Before she was done telling me what an idiot i was for not just knowing that everything goes to the back, I texted her normal guy what was happening and to always deliver front door. He does to this day. he sends me pics.
There are some notes that have the magic word "please" on it, in those cases I will usually deliver it where they want. But some people forget to use the magic word and have demanding notes on their door like "packages go to the back" "use the side door" etc.... For those people I deliver it front door every time and slap an info notice on it and write ups my choice.

Last edited: