Another customer you want to strangle story

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I hit a three run game winning homer in little league in 1976 , coach slapped my behind and said great job !!
Is it to late to press charges ? #metoo!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I hit a three run game winning homer in little league in 1976 , coach slapped my behind and said great job !!
Is it to late to press charges ? #metoo!!
Apparently never too late. At least that's the way some of these women who went to a guys hotel rooms 20 years ago after a night out and were amazed someone made a pass at them.

Whither

Scofflaw
they couldnt care less about package guys rushing customers. center manager OJS’d me for 3 days one time. We get to one of my businesses and the receptionist tells him that the driver the week before was very rude, while I was on vacation and had no patience.He apologizes. We walk out and he says to me i want you to be rude with no patience also. Then I wont have to keep cutting you 9.5 checks.

Stupid part of that manager's beef with me is I had already made a habit of alerting that business in person re: CODs about 5 minutes in advance, then completed other deliveries in the same strip mall. He accused me of rushing him after I warned that I needed the check in hand by the time I had sheeted the 20 non-COD packages or we'd have to try again tomorrow. Needless to say I don't mind being rude to people who spit on my courtesy, hurl insults, and then try (vainly, of course) to threaten my livelihood.

Friday I carted a few 20-30lb boxes into the office of a tire shop and unloaded them at the delivery point. Separate building from the shop, both have same address. Earlier in the week I had been curtly informed all deliveries must go to the office. Very well. Office worker asks who the packages are for. I tell her. "Oh, those go to the shop." I chuckled and reminded her that 2 days ago we had established that the office was the delivery point for all packages. She immediately tried to jab "Are you our new driver or are you just the guy covering for him?" I laughed, "Yes, I'm just the guy covering." "Okay, well ... we can have the shop come and get the packages." "All right, have a great weekend."

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I didn't think it was possible, but people have sunk even lower in my estimation. I actually got yelled at by some ass hat for not hitting his car! What the hell? He didn't like that I drove down a narrow road where he and his neighbors were illegally obstructing traffic with their parked cars. I drove between his car and one across the street. He felt I should have given credence to their illegal parking by walking the stop off, which "everyone else does", and for not doing so I was a "fat piece of :censored2:" because I could have hit his car.

I always drive down that street, and the other driver who delivers will only walk it off if he can't safely back down the street. And I know fed ex and the post office drive down there too.

In this instance, I squeezed in between the two cars, and actually got to a point where two other cars were too close together to drive between. But I had plenty of room to get turned around without even going into a driveway. This :censored2: thinks that I shouldn't have even tried because the package car is too wide. Well, dummy, guess what other vehicles might be too wide to drive down your private parking lot, I mean Public Road!!! Hope your elderly neighbor doesn't suffer a heart attack.

Scuderia

Before you deliver to her house put info notices on every package. “If you have any problems please call 1-800...”

Once you get there “UPS!!”

Drop packages at te front door - DR MCW

Say “Thank you” as you’re walking away. Ignore everything else she tells you.

Inform your sup before she calls. Get ahead of any situation that could arise.

Dumbperson

I love telling people the 1800 number. They always expect I'm gonna be scared. Karen's don't like it when you don't cower before the might of their butch bob haircut and knee length jean shorts

BrownBaggage

Customer wants me to stand there as she opens each box and examine for damage every single day. Today I was a little stressed after she says "Hurry Up" to me. She got 5 big boxes. I asked if she wanted them at the front door as usual and she "clicks her tongue" in disgust. I put them at her front door and started to walk away and she demanded I open them up. I responded that she knows I don't carry a knife and I told you I cant open any customer boxes as a Ups Employee. We have talked about this before. She said I guess I will go in the house and get one. I just got into my truck and drove away. Yesterday I told her I didn't have time to wait around and if she had any problems just to file a claim thru the 1-800 number. Every Fffing day I cant just deliver and go. everyday she eats up 5-10 mins of my time.

Any tips on how to handle this crazy bitch. I feel next she will have me mowing her lawn and reroofing her house if I don't stand my ground. I do not want to get a bullseye on my back with management but I don't have time to Bull:censored2: with this customer. she is Obviously self entitled and overly demanding above what a ups driver is allowed to do. I really don't know how to handle her. I want to give good customer service but some people are just idiots. I don't know what I can and cannot do and what the rules are. I want to shut her down without getting pulled into the center managers office with my stewart. Any comments are welcome.
Are you serious...? After the first time, I’d tell this demented bat if she does this again, I’m sending everything back to the warehouse and she can go pick it up and inspect everything there moving forward. I’m not wasting my time on her ground deliveries.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
you open ,, you own it , then she needs to call shipper , tell her you'll gladly mark possible damage on diad , other than that she can't open if she wants it , make her sign for it ! Don't let this broad ruin your day , you'll meet plenty of her type down the road ,, don't let it rifle your feathers .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He would jsgr
Had to double back to a Costco a few weeks ago because their last piece, a saver, was buried in another bulk stop. Got there at 1250p. Posted hours said receiving closes at 1p. Rang the buzzer several times.

After a minute or two a receiving employee threw open the door yelling at me "Do you know what time it is! Do you know what time we close!" I looked at my watch and asked "Do you know what time it is? Cause by my watch y'all don't close for another 10 minutes." Another round of lecturing from the employee: I "should've been [there] earlier," "should've known that no one would be around after 1230" blah blah blah. I cut him off, "Look, it boils down to this: do you accept the package? If not I'm happy to sheet it refused and we'll return it to the shipper." He signed for it.
he would have gotten everything the next day at 12:55

Whither

Scofflaw
Apartment managers who've decided you're negligent and untrustworthy and refuse to listen to your calm explanation re: how you're required to deliver shipper-release, direct delivery only packages (e.g., 'I understand your building has a lot of theft, but the shipper who pays UPS to deliver this package has stipulated that I cannot leave it with you, or anyone else, and must leave it at the resident's door even if they do not answer') and instead scream at you to get the eff out of their building. And not only that, but who are also foolish enough to rile up their staff to make implicit threats of physical violence if you return.

quad decade guy

I was in my packet. Pick up customer decides to open a t -shirt business. These 2 folks drove a Rolls Royce and lasers to(older ones). So they decide to fill large flimsy cardboard boxes full if t-shirts with no support or packing and one strip of tape each seam. Boxes never make it past the hub damaged and t-shirts ruined. I got a complaint. Luckily they didn't last very long(in business).

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was in my packet. Pick up customer decides to open a t -shirt business. These 2 folks drove a Rolls Royce and lasers to(older ones). So they decide to fill large flimsy cardboard boxes full if t-shirts with no support or packing and one strip of tape each seam. Boxes never make it past the hub damaged and t-shirts ruined. I got a complaint. Luckily they didn't last very long(in business).

@CoolStoryBro

What’s a laser in the context you are using it