Another employee lawsuit against FedEx

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wouldn't count on that. Discrimination cases are very, very difficult to prove.

True, but I don't think FedEx wants this case to continue in the media. You haven't really commented on the company's decision to intervene in a contractor issue. Any thoughts on what appears to be a breach of the contractor/employee relationship?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think that will be proven in court...if it ever gets there.

The last thing the plaintiff's attorney wants is for this case to go to court because he knows it's a BS case.

If this were a legitimate lawsuit the plaintiff would be suing the state on the grounds that it cited him for his national origin.

CJinx

If he speaks English well and it's just his accent that is a problem, is it really a violation?? We have a driver who is from another country and I used to have a hell of a time talking to him on the phone. After I got used to his accent, we had no issue communicating as his English was very good.

bbsam

Staff member
True, but I don't think FedEx wants this case to continue in the media. You haven't really commented on the company's decision to intervene in a contractor issue. Any thoughts on what appears to be a breach of the contractor/employee relationship?
Mainly intrigued. I'd love to see the company change it's policy and wouldn't mind it coming through a legal challenge. Personally I think the company overstepped it's limits and the contractor should have challenged them. However, that may be a defense that the company can claim. If they are not in a position to force the firing, then the contractor is hiding behind something that simply isn't there. What I really wonder is how a guy who can't speak English well enough (allegedly) even got a CDL anyway. That seems fairly subjective from one government official to the next.