Another Fatality

CFLBrown

From another link about the same accident.

A dangerous patch of black ice may be to blame for a deadly accident on Dequindre in Madison Heights Friday morning.

Tyrone Slothrop

Hope it wasn't our guys fault, I'm sure he's having a hard enough time coping with it without the prospect of losing his job on top of it all.

Any Madison Hts drivers out there with more details?

retired2000

the article says it was the lady's fault. in our hub we have had drivers in accidents that people were killed and they did not get fired as it was not their fault.

sendagain

When your vehicle is moving, they're gonna say it's your fault. About the only way it's not your fault, is when you are parked at the curb eating your lunch; it would also be helpful if you are out of the truck.

over9five

Staff member
"it would also be helpful if you are out of the truck."

It would help even more if you were on vacation that day...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No matter what they determine, Ill bet he isnt even thinking about it at the moment. He has that picture engrained in his brain, and he is probably very distraught and the job is the last thing on his mind. If they had the high winds in Detroit area, and I believe they did, like we had here, 50 mph with gusts up to 70, that little car had a big disadvantage on the road that day. I was driving a full size silverado that am and it took both hands to keep it on the highway, and there was no ice. I think they will determine road conditions and high winds were the cause.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Send again

We had a driver a while back that was parked at the curb, out of the car making a delivery, when his car was hit. They charged him with the accident, saying he was not far enough off the road, even though his tires were over the white line on his side.

I used to think the only accident not chargable was if a plane droped out of the sky from directly overhead. But not even sure about that anymore.

We had three tier four accidents last week, and four in 10 days. It would seem that our little center will take center stage in the safety arena over the next few months at least.

d