Another Ground thrashing

falcon back

You conservatives all had the very same fear of the Roosevelt New Deal, Johnson Great Society etc. In the absence of public policy all you've ever had to offer the American people was fear. In essence what you've always said was...."we have no alternative policy or solutions to offer so here people...just be afraid" .
You are correct. I remember when Roosevelt proposed his "New Deal". My friends and I gathered around the table and discussed the ramifications and decided it just might work. I believe that was 1933, but my memory has kind of faded.

vantexan

You conservatives all had the very same fear of the Roosevelt New Deal, Johnson Great Society etc. In the absence of public policy all you've ever had to offer the American people was fear. In essence what you've always said was...."we have no alternative policy or solutions to offer so here people...just be afraid" .
It's not remotely comparable.

bacha29

Those things were complete failures.
What idiot leftist historians brainwashed you?
Complete failure huh? You conservatives have had plenty of time to come up with something better, like a most of a century But, with you people it's always nothing.....except fear, then followed by loud sighs of relief after you've made it to qualification.

bacha29

It's not remotely comparable.
Why isn't it? Oh, that's right you have and will continue to reap the benefits of New Deal and Great Society. It's always the same old thing out of you. Any Democrat sponsored program that you can profit from, benefit from, or can make your life easier and better...those are just fine in your opinion but those Democrat sponsored program legislation you can't profit, benefit or improve your quality of life from are simply the worst programs ever devised..... It's selective conservatism and we've heard it out of you continuously and just exactly what good is selective conservatism going to? Then again for you...it's just fine especially given that it's footing your old man's medical bills.

So tell me....just exactly what means would he use to pay his bills if Medicare wasn't there? Of course we all know the answer to that question.....nothing. Because you doesn't have one.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why isn't it? Oh, that's right you have and will continue to reap the benefits of New Deal and Great Society. It's always the same old thing out of you. Any Democrat sponsored program that you can profit from, benefit from, or can make your life easier and better...those are just fine in your opinion but those Democrat sponsored program legislation you can't profit, benefit or improve your quality of life from are simply the worst programs ever devised..... It's selective conservatism and we've heard it out of you continuously and just exactly what good is selective conservatism going to? Then again for you...it's just fine especially given that it's footing your old man's medical bills.

So tell me....just exactly what means would he use to pay his bills if Medicare wasn't there? Of course we all know the answer to that question.....nothing. Because you doesn't have one.
You're the lady who's butthurt that your family member lost all of her money in old age right?

That's what all your crying about Medicare is actually all about right?

Is this where you come for therapy?
Why not use Obamacare and find a real doctor?

vantexan

Wait a minute, didn't Bill Clinton sign off on welfare reform? My dad started his retirement with $300k in the bank and everything was paid for. He gives $5000 a year to charities and another $6000 to his church. Bet you with your big money don't do half as much. And he shells out plenty out of pocket for medical costs. But what blows my mind is Democrats created the Social Security and Medicare systems, made it law that we must contribute through paychecks, and yet you think Republicans shouldn't benefit from them. That we must give but not receive. Act like we're being selective about what we support when we had no choice in the matter. Frankly, you're stupid. Or maybe just ignorant. Haven't decided that yet. It's about good governance. We can have social safety nets if we can afford them. That you think that's reprehensible, that we should have these newly concocted programs whether we can afford them or not lends credence to the idea that you're stupid, ignorant, or both. Maybe you can shed some light on the current state of your cognitive capabilities? Are you currently worse off or about the same as Joe Biden in your ability to think rationally? Do you find yourself eating ice cream cones and sniffing the hair of little girls? Have you cut long farts in front of nobility? Trouble reading teleprompters? It would help us evaluate whether you're being serious in the future or are having "issues."

bacha29

Wait a minute, didn't Bill Clinton sign off on welfare reform? My dad started his retirement with $300k in the bank and everything was paid for. He gives $5000 a year to charities and another $6000 to his church. Bet you with your big money don't do half as much. And he shells out plenty out of pocket for medical costs. But what blows my mind is Democrats created the Social Security and Medicare systems, made it law that we must contribute through paychecks, and yet you think Republicans shouldn't benefit from them. That we must give but not receive. Act like we're being selective about what we support when we had no choice in the matter. Frankly, you're stupid. Or maybe just ignorant. Haven't decided that yet. It's about good governance. We can have social safety nets if we can afford them. That you think that's reprehensible, that we should have these newly concocted programs whether we can afford them or not lends credence to the idea that you're stupid, ignorant, or both. Maybe you can shed some light on the current state of your cognitive capabilities? Are you currently worse off or about the same as Joe Biden in your ability to think rationally? Do you find yourself eating ice cream cones and sniffing the hair of little girls? Have you cut long farts in front of nobility? Trouble reading teleprompters? It would help us evaluate whether you're being serious in the future or are having "issues."
Well if he was a "true " conservative he would have first used his 300K to pay his bills out of his own pocket. You can make all the personal attacks you want. You can bash the left all you want.... But one fact remains.... You're not wealthy enough to be a "true conservative". You too will in the end be dependent on Democrat sponsored old age and healthcare social programs.
Now the questions still remains. What would you do if it wasn't there. ? Yes, SS and Medicare are mandated retirement and healthcare insurance programs. So just exactly what would you do going forward if they weren't there?
So why was it necessary? To begin with when Bush wanted to privatize SS the banks opposed it and with good reason.
First of all they would have to charge service fees to manage small balances .
Secondly it was going to be nothing more than a piggy bank people would always be drawing from.
As for Medicare, No need to explain that. Without it the US healthcare system would have collapsed decades ago. Without it everything would be cash on the barrel right up front . No cash.... no care. It's a simple as that. Paul Ryan was run clean out of politics because of his ridiculous payment voucher to replace Medicare. People saw right away that it was a lie.
In one way your solution is like Trump's solution. "Repeal and replace". Until people found out that there was no replacement.

vantexan

Well if he was a "true " conservative he would have first used his 300K to pay his bills out of his own pocket. You can make all the personal attacks you want. You can bash the left all you want.... But one fact remains.... You're not wealthy enough to be a "true conservative". You too will in the end be dependent on Democrat sponsored old age and healthcare social programs.
Now the questions still remains. What would you do if it wasn't there. ? Yes, SS and Medicare are mandated retirement and healthcare insurance programs. So just exactly what would you do going forward if they weren't there?
So why was it necessary? To begin with when Bush wanted to privatize SS the banks opposed it and with good reason.
First of all they would have to charge service fees to manage small balances .
Secondly it was going to be nothing more than a piggy bank people would always be drawing from.
As for Medicare, No need to explain that. Without it the US healthcare system would have collapsed decades ago. Without it everything would be cash on the barrel right up front . No cash.... no care. It's a simple as that. Paul Ryan was run clean out of politics because of his ridiculous payment voucher to replace Medicare. People saw right away that it was a lie.
In one way your solution is like Trump's solution. "Repeal and replace". Until people found out that there was no replacement.
I'm wealthy enough to make my own way. That wealth includes the SS that I've earned. And for some reason you think that SS is comparable to the silliness being put forward in the Green New Deal. Sorry, you haven't proved yet that you aren't in cognitive decline. So sad.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The conservative fear was that the programs would cost exponentially more than even the wildest projections. Hey, looks like the conservative fear was justified!

Your justification for every dumb liberal program that does more harm than good is "At least we're doing something," as though there's merit to actively making things worse.

59 Dano

Complete failure huh? You conservatives have had plenty of time to come up with something better, like a most of a century But, with you people it's always nothing.....except fear, then followed by loud sighs of relief after you've made it to qualification.
quote-no-matter-how-disastrously-some-policy-has-turned-out-anyone-who-criticizes-it-can-expect-thomas-sowell-57-18-33.jpg

bacha29

Right you replace it with something new and better. The GOP is great when it comes to repeal but has nothing to offer when it comes to replace . As in "repeal and replace" the trouble with that is that there was no replacement . One among many of Trump's lies that cost him reelection .

59 Dano

Right you replace it with something new and better. The GOP is great when it comes to repeal but has nothing to offer when it comes to replace . As in "repeal and replace" the trouble with that is that there was no replacement . One among many of Trump's lies that cost him reelection .
I don't think you get it. You replace a fire with NOT a fire. You replace cancer with NOT cancer.

You don't have to replace either malady with something better. Getting rid of the malady is enough.