Is this what forty years gets you in

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Until 65
Then medicare for most.

IF IF IF I remember correctly... some even have coverage after 65, which is incredible.
At 65 not most, all will be Medicare.
After 65, it is very incredible. Hold on to your ass.
Our Teamster secondary premium is the same as the insurance before 65. $450 per month.Which means at 65, your insurance cost you $300 more a month for wife and I (Medicare A&B). $100K yearly max limit before and after 65. In my 13 years of retirement before 65, my wife maxed out 6 or 7 times. Huge financial burden. Not crying. Just saying what I ran into.
So when the 65 birthday comes you are at $750 a month plus a mandatory drug plan (D) which is another $25 a month for each of us and it is pitiful. There are no good drug plans when you leave the Teamster nest. So, if you or your wife have some health issues, you will pay a lot out of pocket for prescriptions.
And of coarse the icing on that big cake is no dental or vision. I figure a $1,000.00 month for us.
Again, I'm not crying, but when you hear about people wondering what to do, whether to pay the electric bill or buy needed medicine, I know it's true.

Our Teamster secondary premium is the same as the insurance before 65. $450 per month.Which means at 65, your insurance cost you $300 more a month for wife and I (Medicare A&B). $100K yearly max limit before and after 65. In my 13 years of retirement before 65, my wife maxed out 6 or 7 times. Huge financial burden. Not crying. Just saying what I ran into.
So when the 65 birthday comes you are at $750 a month plus a mandatory drug plan (D) which is another $25 a month for each of us and it is pitiful. There are no good drug plans when you leave the Teamster nest. So, if you or your wife have some health issues, you will pay a lot out of pocket for prescriptions.
And of coarse the icing on that big cake is no dental or vision. I figure a $1,000.00 month for us.
Again, I'm not crying, but when you hear about people wondering what to do, whether to pay the electric bill or buy needed medicine, I know it's true.
That's why you have a 401k....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Did you drop the Teamsters as a secondary and just rely on medicare?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Did you drop the Teamsters as a secondary and just rely on medicare?
Last year this time my wife turned 65. I was 64. It was a no brainer. The premium for me alone would have still been $450 with or without the secondary for her offered by the local.
Next month, I'm 65. I signed up for the secondary offered by the local. If both are 65, with the secondary, it is split, $225 each if you decide not to sign one of you up.
She had around 2K in bills leftover after Med A&B paid last year. I never paid a nickel. Not fooling with it alone was probably worth it, so I went with the local.