Another Qualifying Thread

RuthlessSupSlayer

So i go on my observation ride next week then school. After that of course pending i pass the schooling. I start to qualify...whats it really about? It seems like you have to kiss @ss.

I spoke with a dispatch sup who has familiarity with the center managment group and there is one supervisor to look out for. But he said the center manager is cool and so did the BA said this as well.
I read all about the tips with sorting before shift and on lunch while in your 30 days and staying safe on here.

So is the qualifying process just about improvement and brown nosing?

Re-Raise

Why would it be about brown nosing???

Prove to them that you can do the job and that you would be worth the money they are going to pay you.

Of all of the jobs I have ever had, UPS is the least likely place for the need to brown nose anyone.

Do you even work here?

Box Ox

Of all of the jobs I have ever had, UPS is the least likely place for the need to brown nose anyone.

Do you even work here?

Because apparently you have to write a letter and be in on conference calls to your DM if you're trying to go full time now? Lol

RuthlessSupSlayer

Prove to them that you can do the job and that you would be worth the money they are going to pay you.

Do you even work here?
In reading posts here about qaulifying things that were said were along the lines of:

• Have a confrence call with DM and center manager
  • Write a letter
  • They qualify you if they like you and DQ you if you they don't like you
  • I don't want to qualify someone that is going to be a pain in the @ss for me or the next sup to deal with for the next XX years.
Statements made as these elude to to the fact that you have be liked in conjunction with being able to perform the job.

Do you even work here?

Yes i do lol

RuthlessSupSlayer

No late air, no missed businesses, no missed pickups, don't hit anything. Rinse and repeat.
So if the all mighty ORION says to do a couple other stops while doing air should i deviate to get the airs done then run businesses then finish the day with resi and pick ups? Or if i run exact of the all mighty will i be able to fall back on all mighty's mistakes?

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
So if the all mighty ORION says to do a couple other stops while doing air should i deviate to get the airs done then run businesses then finish the day with resi and pick ups? Or if i run exact of the all mighty will i be able to fall back on all mighty's mistakes?

You should be running RDO unless they instruct you to use ORION. No need to be a kiss-ass, just work fast, minimize your mistakes, and learn from them.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
RDO lists your stops in order from the 1000's to the 8000's, NDA and businesses first, resi last. It just makes way more sense, especially for a rookie. And yes, management will be stalking you in their personal vehicles. Follow all the methods and perform the job as if you're being watched all the time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't hit anything
th
th

RuthlessSupSlayer

RDO lists your stops in order from the 1000's to the 8000's, NDA and businesses first, resi last. It just makes way more sense, especially for a rookie. And yes, management will be stalking you in their personal vehicles. Follow all the methods and perform the job as if you're being watched all the time.
Thanks i alos plan on using from @HEFFERNAN where he said come in early sort your truck and such. Also i plan on buying breakfast for the loader too to make sure extra attention is paid to my truck. If i have to ill buy the pt sup breakfast too. Small price for a long term investment i feel.