Any Classic Car/Truck builders out there ?

1Low59

image.jpeg

Yes, Dave.

If you had an old Corvette, as an example, and the original or a copy of the original build sheet, you could check the serial numbers of all the major components on the car to the build sheet numbers.
When I moved into my house , I found some old car parts stores away. Two 60 something Corvette windshields, a starter and some other parts. I had a guy give me some serious coin for them, I was happy.

1Low59

When I moved into my house , I found some old car parts stores away. Two 60 something Corvette windshields, a starter and some other parts. I had a guy give me some serious coin for them, I was happy.
Reminds me of when I moved. I lost a few boxes of old truck parts from my 65'. Retail on those parts is good.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Wouldn't it be easier to write a check for an already built one?
Not at all surprised you think that'd be just as satisfying.

I like making fun of car guys.

I just don't get the fascination of driving my fancy car to a car show and either sitting next to it all day while people walk by and look at it or walking around and looking at all of the other cars with their owners sitting next to them.

I'm just having a little fun with you "car guys" who are by far the most boring group of people I have ever met. Who the hell wants to sit in a parking lot or grassy field on a hot weekend either walking around looking at other cars or sitting there while complete strangers look at yours.

I drive by a local shoe store on my way back to the building. Every Friday night the car guys gather to show off their rides. They back in to a space, lift up their hoods, pull out a lawn chair and sit there for the next 2-3 hours.

The ironic part is that there are few if any actual spectators. It is the same people parking in the same spots sitting in the same chairs looking at the same cars week after week after week.