Any Classic Car/Truck builders out there ?

1Low59

image.jpeg
Altima

Orion inc.

I like turtles
1 of the clerks in my ctr builds and sells mustangs. He has built 3 of them since I got my truck. Last 1 sold for $35000.

My father has a '65 mustang convertible with all the original paperwork. Poppy red color. White top and white interior. He loves it. He bought it at auction years ago after his contractor business became successful. He always wanted one when he was struggling. My brother did a lot of the minor touch ups on the body and engine.

He loves it but it requires some money and time for upkeep.

It is cool though. He takes the grand kids out in it on Sundays all the time.

1Low59

My father has a '65 mustang convertible with all the original paperwork. He loves it. He bought it at auction years ago after his contractor business became successful. He always wanted one when he was struggling. My brother did a lot of the minor touch ups on the body and engine.

He loves it but it requires some money and time for upkeep.

It is cool though. He takes the grand kids out in it on Sundays all the time.
The Mustangs sure do fetch a lot of money at auctions. Especially when they are a matching numbers car with all paperwork.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The Mustangs sure do fetch a lot of money at auctions. Especially when they are a matching numbers car with all paperwork.
it wasn't cheap but it needed minor minor body work so he did ok. My mom wasn't happy at first but it was my dad's present to himself when his business took off. They struggled for years and years.

My dad is doing well now and I'm proud he does that for himself. He always sacrificed for us growing up.

My brother and I are thinking of getting a hellcat together but with my brother, it probably will take forever. He's very particular about what he will invest in.

1Low59

it wasn't cheap but it needed minor minor body work so he did ok. My mom wasn't happy at first but it was my dad's present to himself when his business took off. They struggled for years and years.

My dad is doing well now and I'm proud he does that for himself. He always sacrificed for us growing up.

My brother and I are thinking of getting a hellcat together but with my brother, it probably will take forever. He's very particular about what he will invest in.
You can't really go wrong investing in an old car, so long as it is the right car. They hold value. The more you do to the more they increase in value.
Only problem nowadays is you have all there shows out there where they fix them and flip them. A lot of people are getting into it now and it's driving the prices up on all classic cars.

1Low59

I've got a lot of pics from the Midnight Mass Car show we went to last year in Sacramento. I'll post some here and there.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You can't really go wrong investing in an old car, so long as it is the right car. They hold value. The more you do to the more they increase in value.
Only problem nowadays is you have all there shows out there where they fix them and flip them. A lot of people are getting into it now and it's driving the prices up on all classic cars.
my brother flips cars for living. He doesn't make much on the classics and rarely dabbles in that. He flips a lot of every day type cars he buys at auction and he gets into the exotics as well. South Florida is full of them and he does well. He started out as a mechanic and started his own shop but focuses more on the business side of things now.

He does like going to the classic car auctions and seeing what's out there.

But you're right on the mark

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Matching numbers? Is that when all of the parts belong specifically to that car?

Yes, Dave.

If you had an old Corvette, as an example, and the original or a copy of the original build sheet, you could check the serial numbers of all the major components on the car to the build sheet numbers.

1Low59

Yes, Dave.

If you had an old Corvette, as an example, and the original or a copy of the original build sheet, you could check the serial numbers of all the major components on the car to the build sheet numbers.
Thank you for responding. I couldn't find my coloring crayons to draw a picture response.